Heartland fresh water tank

Larry S

Anyone have an issue with the fresh water tank not holding the amount stated by Heartland? I have a 22 Heartland fuel 357. Heartland states it holds 100 gal. fresh water. First trip ran out of water. Sewer and grey were not full. Filled up again using a gal. gauge on the hose. Water started coming out the overflow at 69.6 gal. Over the course of 6 hrs I was able to fill to 78.7. Can not get anymore in.

CoveredWagon

Anyone have an issue with the fresh water tank not holding the amount stated by Heartland? I have a 22 Heartland fuel 357. Heartland states it holds 100 gal. fresh water. First trip ran out of water. Sewer and grey were not full. Filled up again using a gal. gauge on the hose. Water started coming out the overflow at 69.6 gal. Over the course of 6 hrs I was able to fill to 78.7. Can not get anymore in.
I have a 2018 Bighorn. Fresh water tank is advertised as 60 gal. My flow meter show tank overflows at 45 gallons. We don't boondock so it's not an issue, but I certainly doesn't hold 60 gallons.

Dahillbilly

have yet to get 110 gallons into our tank; each time get different reading on the meter. Last time I filled a gallon jug meter only registered 0.8 gallons. Conclusion meter not accurate. My experience is to just fill till it overflows.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
You sure you didn’t lose a lot of water on the way to the campsite?? Water will siphon out of a “full” tank quickly when traveling

Our ‘17 Bighorn lists a 60 Gal FW tank. No meter, I fill to overflowing. One overflow is plugged, I added a valve to the doorside overflow to prevent siphoning while traveling
The three waste tanks are listed at 45 gal each so we’ll never fill them when dry camping
Two adults and a chocolate lab. We’ve gone dry camping for 7-8 days and not run out of water while maintaining our normal routine. But we are very cognizant of our water usage. Minimum water washing dishes, no unnecessary running water, etc

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Do you have 100 gallons over one tank or two? If two then is it possible that your second tank has its own overflow tubes that are plugged or shutoff with a valve so only one tank is completely filling and the second tank is gets some water flow in via the connector tube but cannot fill more than lets say half full (assuming 2-50 gallon tanks) It sounds like the conditions given only the amount that you can fill even overtime.

sengli

In the brochure listings, they always include the 10-12 gallons in the water heater as part of the total water capacity. So yes they specs vs the actual capacity are always off to minus side of things.

Larry S

Contacted Heartland. They stated that 2 50gal tanks were installed on the trailer and thought that there might be a blockage. Took the underbelly off and checked the tanks and lines. Every fitting on both water tanks were loose and dripping water. The lines were sagging and too long. Had to cut each line and tighten the fittings. Took the sag out of the lines then filled again using a gauge. Filled to 98.7.
Thanks for all the comments