Fueling while pulling a large 5er

SilverRhino

I too stick to major truck stops and have never had a poblem using the truck lanes. I will always stay with the truck and my DW goes in immediately to be able to pay as soon as fueling is complete ( When no Pay At Pump option ) so that I can fuel up and them quickly move out of the way.

CrazyScotsman

I pull into the truck fuel lane, I wait till I see a semi coming in, cut him off, take forever to fuel up as poor trucker sits behind waiting to get in, then I don't pull of the fuel island, I then go inside wander around the store for about 45 minutes, then walk back out to fuel island, I see trucker is getting mad, I then remember something I needed in store, so leaving truck still parked on fuel island i wander back into store. Buy what I needed then go back out, to only realise I should have went to the loo, I then return inside, then after maybe an hour total I go and pull pickup and fiver of the fuel island.
Just kidding.
It sure seems like a lot of the younger truck drivers out there do that these days, or leave truck blocking fuel isle and go in for a shower.

I try to use the Flying J when pulling the fiver, but will use Pilots, car fuel island, most diesel pumps are on the outside fuel isles in car fuel island.

arekced

To Bigdob24
I solved that problem by purchasing a 50 gallon reserve tank that is stored in the bed of my truck in front of the 5th wheel hook up. To take it one step further I also purchased a 12 volt fuel pump with a nozzle similuar to the ones used in gas stations.
I to; have a diesel and found that I could only travel 400 miles on 23 gallons, now I am able to go 1200 miles but I have to pull over for a few minutes to fill up my tank from the reserve. I also put a cut off switch under the hood at the battery ( pos side) so no one could use the pump but me. It takes awhile but if you are carefull you can recoup the money spent on these items by purchasing fuel when the price is low and using it when the prices go up.
arekced

goodtruck

Like others I drive a truck for a living and pull our trl with a class 8 truck.with a long 5th wheel as long as you pull forward after fueling and don't spend a lot of time paying for your fuel no one will say a word if you use a truck lane.
Also if you fuel at any of the major truckstops they all have loyality cards that will eather give discounts in there stores or cut the cost of the fuel.They are easy to get and at the end of the year they add up.
On flying J there diesel is often .02 to .06 cents per gallon cheeper then the others. and for the most part they are clean and well stocked.

vrugt

With a F350 and a 30 gallon tank we have a range of a little over 250 miles. We use the "Next Exit" guide to plan refueling ahead at the truckstops listed.

Rigmover06

300 G of fuel..

That was the main reason why I wanted to use our Large Car for pulling the trailer. I fuel up and am good for just a little shy of 1900 miles before I gotta look for a truck stop. The Dodge well lets just say 300 miles and the little light comes on and dings at me. :D