Full reading on black water tank.

Boozecamp

I'm perplexed!
I either have a gage stuck on 3/4 full or I've got build up that won't drain. We don't leave the gate valve open for draining while camping as I know that's a big no-no. We only open to drain. I've filed it up with water and drained. Drove around with Half full to slosh around. I've flushed it with the fresh water inlet, but continues to read half or 3/4 full. Puzzled! Any suggestion besides crawling in with a flashlight? LOL!

olcoon

The plastic plug they drilled out to install the plumbing may have fallen inside the tank, & be blocking it. One thing you might try is to get one of those back flush adapters like this. I got one (I think) at Walmart when I had a similar issue a few years ago. Come to find out the plastic plug was stuck in the drain hole & wouldn't let it drain all the way. It hooks up to where you connect the stinky slinky, you hook a water hose to it & it should wash the blockage out, if there is one. One thing to keep in mind is that it sounds like now you may have a full tank, so you don't want to overflow the tank & have "stuff" coming out of the toilet stool or out of the vent pipe on the roof.

Garypowell

I have always been puzzled by the lights other than I know they don't work well. I'll show 3/4 full though I am empty for several dumps and then out of nowhere it goes to empty after another flush before moving.

There are lots of recipes out there, ice, water softener, etc but none have worked as well for me as flushing often and with lots of water.

If you "go in with your flashlight" please post pictures!

best!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have times where a completely empty tank will have the 2/3 and full lights lit, and not the 1/3. Just ignore them now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dbbls59

This is my 4th 5er and everyone showed 3/4 full on the monitor for the black tank. Don't worry about it because you will always fill your grey water tank before the black gets full.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I gave up on the sensors, too. When the toilet "burps," it's time to dump. Normally the grays are ready, too. If the sink or shower drains stop flowing, then the gray's are ready. After awhile, you'll get used to how many days you can typically go before the black tank needs to be dumped. If you have a washer on board, open the Gray #1 valve to avoid overflowing while running it.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
The tank guages never work right. 40 years of RVing and have never had one that was right. As far as the black tank, when the toilet burps...drain it.

2 things that are a must have. A clear plastic elbow to see when the water is draining clear and the extra Valtera gate valve on the drain pipe so you dont get a surprise on your feet. If you have these already ....good for you...if not GET THEM. Best $40 you will ever spend.