Full-timing forum discussion (2015)

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
Re: Full-timing Forum? Does anyone want it?

I think it would be a great idea. We have tossed the possibility around but is still a little ways out I think. As well, could there be a Canadian sub folder as there are differences between the US and Canada.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired

Great idea!! As we plan for our future of full timing it would be a great easy to go spot to check out.

jbeletti

Full-timing forum to be created here

This "is" going to happen. The moderators and I are discussing the layout of the new forum. Look for it by the end of the month.

mobilcastle

Re: Full-timing forum to be created here

Jim,
I think it is a great idea. I have used the sub forum. I go there but but very few post. I guess many did not know it existed from what I am reading here.

HornedToad

Well it looks like I'm going to realize my dream of full timing before I retire...

Selling the big house and downsizing, planning on living in the trailer the 4 to 6 months it will take to build a new one!!!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

Well it looks like I'm going to realize my dream of full timing before I retire...

Selling the big house and downsizing, planning on living in the trailer the 4 to 6 months it will take to build a new one!!!

Congrats! You may find that living in an RV, you won't need as much space in that house as you thought. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTPockets

This "is" going to happen. The moderators and I are discussing the layout of the new forum. Look for it by the end of the month.
When I click Forum at the top of the page, I don't see a Full Timer forum.

HornedToad

When I click Forum at the top of the page, I don't see a Full Timer forum.

Empty,

I searched it first, but if you click the "All Forums" tab at the top and scroll almost to the bottom, this Fulltiming forum is under the "Camping" header right above an empty "Full Timing" header.

Congrats! You may find that living in an RV, you won't need as much space in that house as you thought. ;) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Tiger,

I'm excited about living in the RV...
My only concern is I'll have to keep the dogs in the TH garage with the AC on during the hot days this summer!!!

MTPockets

Empty,

I searched it first, but if you click the "All Forums" tab at the top and scroll almost to the bottom, this Fulltiming forum is under the "Camping" header right above an empty "Full Timing" header.
. Thanks; Found it..... But, under camping?

Randor

Great idea. Have not seen the sub-forum before. Started full timing in September due to a job relocation, in the middle of the Colorado Rockies. Although things went well, I could have used some insight.

jbeletti

Sorry - I haven't gotten back to this yet. We'll have to work on it later this summer. Might be a project for the moderators to put together. The forum and sub-forums are all there - we just need to name the sub-forums and move some existing content into them.

dasmoeturhead

I think it's a great idea. We've only been at it for 10 months, but we have had to learn a lot in that time. I have used other forums for support, and to get some of the specific info needed. As anybody knows who is reading this particular thread, Full-timers have different needs, and we don't always fit into the normal (as seen by most folks) niche when people associate Rv's, Rv'ing, and camping. We have a lot to offer the new full-timers, and I imagine there's a whole lot of knowledge on this forum. In fact I know there is. Just my $0.02.

dasmoeturhead

Oh, aND by the way. We have been full-time now for 10 months, 27 states, and over 20,000 miles. Still going strong, and by no means tired of the life style or logistics of traveling at this pace. We are going to slow waaaay down this winter in Tucson for 3 months.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

Oh, aND by the way. We have been full-time now for 10 months, 27 states, and over 20,000 miles. Still going strong, and by no means tired of the life style or logistics of traveling at this pace. We are going to slow waaaay down this winter in Tucson for 3 months.

There is an Arizona Heartland Owner's Club Rally going on in Tucson next February . . . maybe you can make it!

We'll be coming down from Colorado . . .

The Rallies are a blast!

Mrsfish

The rodeo rally in Tucson has been sold out. HOWEVER, I believe Garry can probably work some magic and get you in - just call him soon. And maybe you don't move your rig but can join us for the festivities!? We would love to meet you, hope you can make it.

We would really enjoy a forum on full-timing as we are full timers too
Don and Deb Moody