Full timing in a 3580RL Bighorn?????

1948boat

We are looking at a 2009 Bighorn 3580RL Saturday morning. What are the areas of concern that we should have, or are there any major faults/problems? We will be using this in southern Michigan May through September, I know we will need some heat/air from time to time how well does it heat /cool, BTW dual roof units. Any advise is appreciated, we have been full timing for two years in a 40' motorhome and have had rv's off and on for 30 years and I am able to do most common repairs. I guess I forgot to mention that we will not be traveling in this, it will set in place in the spring and winterized and moved to storage in the fall. So suspension, tires or handling mod's will not be any of our concerns. Thanks

Last edited:

jimtoo

Re: Full timming in a 3580RL Bighorn?????

Hi 1948boat,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed
We also have a really good search engine for the forum. It is really fast and easy to use. So you might give it a try while waiting on another member to respond if you have a question.

You will like your Bighorn. Lots of room and lots of storage space. About the only thing I would suggest you check is the caulking around the roof and tops of the windows.

Also think about joining the Heartland Owners Club.

Jim M

danemayer

Hi 1948boat,

As Jim suggested, check the caulking. Also get underneath and check the flooring of the slideouts. And even though you're not too concerned about suspension, take a look at shackle links where the springs connect to the frame hangers and to the Equa-flex.