Full timing in a Toy Hauler

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
See these forum links for winter mods: here and here.

By the way - My 3950 is my first RV, too! Go for it...otherwise, you'll look back someday and say - "I wish I woulda..."

Enjoy! :)

My wife and two children, aged 10and 12, have been living fulltime in our Cyclone for almost four months. We we chose the 3950 because the garage gave us a place to keep my motorcycle and all the families bicycles. We also bought Ikea closets for our kids and keep them in the garage area too.
So far it's been quite nice. We did have to upgrade the queen matress for the master bed though.

PUG

Pug
We have had our 3950 for three years now and do some weekend stuff but mostly use it for 3 week or up to 4 month stays. We take it to Tucson from Idaho every year. We don't have kids with us but when they do visit the extra garage beds and overhead beds are handy. You know what they say "it will sleep 9 but 2 is the best". I have had dirt bikes, 4 wheelers and a street bike that we take with us on most trips. When stopped for more than a few days, I unload the toys and use the garage as a laundry room, office, and junk room.

The toy haulers are not insulated like the regular large quality RVs, so they are a little harder to heat in the winter. We have stayed in ours in the middle of January in Nevada with 6 inches of snow. When hooked up to external power I use 3 portable heaters to keep her warm.

After I grow up someday, I will probably want a regular big long nice rig for the extra sized living and dining room. Ours gets a little cramped with more than two.

We pulled it with a 3/4 ton Chev duramax but switched to a 1 ton dually Ram and it is much better. Duallies make a big difference.