Furnace Not Lighting

alicia

Thnaks for ALL of your helpful hints to the problem of the furnance not lighting. I checked everything that I was comfortable doing and the furnance would still not work. I made an appointment with an RV dealer in my home town and they pulled furnance and it worked OK. After reinstalling the furnance, still it didn't work, finally we found some wires had come loose form the wire nuts, but we could not see them, until we started checking all the conncetions. I DO NOT remember if an owner said to check the wiring, BUT that will be the FIRST thing I check the next time.

mesteve

I had the thermocouple go out on mine at the beginning of this year. Easy fix, just 2 wires and 2 screws to replace the $7 part. Just something else to keep in mind.

We had the same problem in our new 2009 Bighorn (furnace not lighting) the winter of 2009/10 while down south in Arizona. The problem was diagnosed as "not enough LP gas pressure" (which the repairman checked with a gauge he put on the gas line on the stove). Turns out if there isn't a certain amount of LP gas line pressure, a saftey regulator of some sort keeps the furnace from firing up. It had enough pressure to run the burners on the stove though. The cause was that the valves in the hoses between the tanks and the regulator were defective. Once they were replaced, it worked great, and we haven't had any issues with it since. Seems like checking the pressure in the line would be the first thing they would check at the dealership, before pulling out the furnace.