Furrion Chef Series Appliances

Nuclearcowboy

We just ordered a Bighorn 3970RD in mid-August. We know for sure that it has all the new features of the newest 2017 model, such as leg less dining table, facia LED lighting,etc. According to our dealer's factory contact, our unit doesn't come off the line until Sept 16th, then to paint for several days. We also have read that Heartland has moved to the Furrion Chef series appliances for these higher end fifth wheels. I'm wondering if our unit will include this appliance change?

jbeletti

Per a Facebook post by Heartland...
"The Furrion burner gas cooktop stove/oven combo will be standard on the Bighorn this Fall."

My sense is that yours will come with the Furrion gas stove/oven unless you optioned something else. Your dealer should be able to make a call to their Heartland rep to confirm.

BusManRG

Per a Facebook post by Heartland...

My sense is that yours will come with the Furrion gas stove/oven unless you optioned something else. Your dealer should be able to make a call to their Heartland rep to confirm.

So far the only thing I've read that I will miss are those new appliances. Our unit was delivered the 17th of August. Just missed it! But now that I think about it, our microwave is being replaced. Wonder if we'll get the new model??
Sandy

Nuclearcowboy

So far the only thing I've read that I will miss are those new appliances. Our unit was delivered the 17th of August. Just missed it! But now that I think about it, our microwave is being replaced. Wonder if we'll get the new model??
Sandy
Factory rep not sure ours will even have these appliances - there could be a hold up with getting these by Heartland. Hopefully we will hear something this coming week.

rono

Jim or Tom can you guys tell us if you order the induction cooktop do you still get the furrion chef oven with the glass door?

thx
Rono

Nuclearcowboy

We just got a peek at our new BH and surprise!!! It has the new appliances from Furrion! We were told we ordered our unit a little too soon to get them, but we were blessed with them anyway when it arrived. I've attached a couple of pics of them for those who are curious.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 155
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 160
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 172

SNOKING

I do not understand the carrying capacity of some of these models.

GVWR 16,000
Dry weight 13950
Difference 2050
Listed carrying capacity 1902

Our 2017 3575el
GVWR 16,000
Dry weight 12950
Difference 3050
No listed carrying capacity

Loaded for live aboard (and we tried to load reasonably) and trip to Arizona with fresh water full we are pushing the 16,000 GVWR of our trailer. How do you travel with models that have much lower carrying capacity without exceeding the 16,000 GVWR. Seems that some models will be pushing 7K axles to their limits also.

Do they have an option for 8K axles and 17.5" RIMs and tires, and increase GVWR?

With around 3,000 of pin weight we are pushing our 16K GVWR

Truck and Trailer Weights Light Load Bighorn
Read to towLight LoadLoadedLoadedDifference
Front49005120
Drivers62506620
Sub Truck1115011740
Trailer1145012780
GCW2260024520

my understanding (if these off sheet options are even available any more) is that they will not increase the GVWR rating put on the trailer.

NYSUPstater

Okay, I'll bite. What's the diff between these appliances and others? Thought they all were pretty much the same.

danemayer

Okay, I'll bite. What's the diff between these appliances and others? Thought they all were pretty much the same.

I think the range and oven have battery powered ignition. And they're quite a bit more attractive than the older appliances - like high-end residential appliances.

Nuclearcowboy

The oven is larger, has a glass door, and is self-igniting, plus it looks like a residential oven. For the stove top, the burners have an igniter, they burn much hotter, and the center burner is a power burner. Wife noticed this weekend that things heat up and cook much faster on these burners. And, again, it is stainless and has a more residential look. We love them. I've attached some pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 46