Galley sink dropping

rick_debbie_gallant

The kitchen sink is starting to drop from the counter top:eek:. I looked under neath and there are no sink clamps holding it up. Looks like the only thing holding it is silicone or some other sticky clear stuff. Any good fixes?

jbeletti

Rick,

The fix is to reseal and install the missing clips. Call Customer Service in the morning to explain that your sink was installed without the clips and you need them and some sealant. 877-262-8032.

Jim

bill40

Jim I tried that and the person I talked to didn't know what clips I was talking about. Sorry I don't remember his name. Ours dropped about 4" on the left side. This was back in late Sept.

jbeletti

Jim I tried that and the person I talked to didn't know what clips I was talking about. Sorry I don't remember his name. Ours dropped about 4" on the left side. This was back in late Sept.

Bill,

If you have yet to fix yours and are still in need of the clips, please call back again about it. If your rep is unfamiliar with the clips, ask for another rep.

Thanks,

Jim

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

Assuming the bolts are in place to attach the clips, you could probably get them at a plumbing supply shop. That or make some from a strip of 1/4" flat aluminum bar stock.

2010augusta

Rick, get the clips from Heartland, I tried using some under mount sink clamps from a hardware store it they were very different, got the ones from Heartland and they worked great, I kind of used them backwards due to the small space on the front of the sink, but it did work and now our sink is nice and tight to the counter top. Then I re-siliconed the entire sink edge.

tkdmike

I'm in the same boat - just noticed the sink sagging on the off faucet side. Got under the cabinet and there are not clips installed - just the sealant looking stuff on the counters. So, I'll be making that same phone call in the morning.

Thanks

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Hey Jim B... sounds like a supervisor at Heartland needs to have a chat with the sink installer...maybe he doesn't know there are supposed to be clips.

jbeletti

Hey Jim B... sounds like a supervisor at Heartland needs to have a chat with the sink installer...maybe he doesn't know there are supposed to be clips.

I hear ya Jim. And to that end, two weeks ago, I checked. Guess what? Clips installed. This has been addressed with the cabinet show and the plants feel this was pretty isolated.

See attachments of pics I took the other day.

Jim

Attachments

• DSC_0063.jpg
    DSC_0063.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 122
  • DSC_0064.JPG
    DSC_0064.JPG
    249.7 KB · Views: 137

2010augusta

Not to say that the problem has not been address, but on our unit, we had the six clips shown in the picture, but we did not have the clips opposite the faucet, or the front of the sink. as stated earlier call Heartland service and they sent the clip and now our problem is solved.

rick_debbie_gallant

Zero clips installed on my sink. When I get my clips hopefully I can get 22 stone, bad back, bad knees 6'1" frame into that small hole to install the missing clips!!:rolleyes:

2010augusta

Rick, to make to job a bit easier, you'll need to remove to two tilt out trays in front of the sink, that helps you access without becoming a contortionist.

bill40

Rick,

The fix is to reseal and install the missing clips. Call Customer Service in the morning to explain that your sink was installed without the clips and you need them and some sealant. 877-262-8032.

Jim
Thanks Jim called this morning and spoke to Eric the clips are on the way. Guess I'll beable to take the bottle jack down now.:D

JohnDar

I hear ya Jim. And to that end, two weeks ago, I checked. Guess what? Clips installed. This has been addressed with the cabinet show and the plants feel this was pretty isolated.

See attachments of pics I took the other day.

Jim

Is there a VIN series or production date(s) that identify which rigs were put together without the clips? Mine is in storage and to take a look, I'll have to reinstall the battery and open it up. (Could maybe do that after I get done with this liquid prep diet I'm on for tomorrow :eek:) Back when, I looked underneath and what I took for the clips may not have been correct after seeing the photos.

jbeletti

Sorry John, there is no list. I don't think there was a start-stop event. More of a "miss here and there".

Jim

JohnDar

Sorry John, there is no list. I don't think there was a start-stop event. More of a "miss here and there".

Jim

OK, thanks Jim. I'll have a look after the "pipes" are back to normal. Figure if I need 'em, I might as well get them and be ready when the temperatures get out of the cellar around here.

patrick1945

same here

We have the same problem here and I just got off the phone with Eric about sending the clips.

Did production think that silicone would hold the sink in place full of water or while scrubbing a pot?

Yes I know a rhetorical question!