Garage space in a 3110

bobca1

Given all the helpful replies to my cold weather question I'm sure someone will have an answer to this too :D
I know the garage length is 10' on the 3110 and that will work for my quad and bikes. Has anyone tried to fit a 12' kayak or canoe? Appears that when the slides are closed the garage/kitchen door can be left open to allow the kayak to extend into the kitchen? What do you think is that possible has anyone tried this?
Second question heartland rep told me that the 3 season wall will consume about 4" of the garage space. Are there any photos of the 3 season wall available, or could someone post? I was assuming it was one of those white vinyl things with the clear windows that can be rolled up out of the way but is that not the case?

bobca1

Given all the helpful replies to my cold weather question I'm sure someone will have an answer to this too :D
I know the garage length is 10' on the 3110 and that will work for my quad and bikes. Has anyone tried to fit a 12' kayak or canoe? Appears that when the slides are closed the garage/kitchen door can be left open to allow the kayak to extend into the kitchen? What do you think is that possible has anyone tried this?
Second question heartland rep told me that the 3 season wall will consume about 4" of the garage space. Are there any photos of the 3 season wall available, or could someone post? I was assuming it was one of those white vinyl things with the clear windows that can be rolled up out of the way but is that not the case?

Ok pls disregard my question about the wall, duh just needed to Google and read the post here

FiremanBill

On my 3110 the sliding door opens on the exterior side, meaning it slides inward toward the center. The kitchen slide blocks that part of the door when it is in. I suppose to sliding door could be reversed but the ladder to the loft bunk would block the door when it is in use.

OEFVET

I've got a 4200 and while I was comparing floor plans I asked the same question. BLUF - I was unable to keep the door open or fit the kayak. I had to get a smaller one. I know it's not the answer you were looking for. Other option is to strap the kayak/canoe to the back door.

bobca1

On my 3110 the sliding door opens on the exterior side, meaning it slides inward toward the center. The kitchen slide blocks that part of the door when it is in. I suppose to sliding door could be reversed but the ladder to the loft bunk would block the door when it is in use.

Perhaps Heartland changed the design? I just took a look at some dealer photos available online, and it looks like the door slides open the other way.
SNE68843D.jpg

bobca1

I've got a 4200 and while I was comparing floor plans I asked the same question. BLUF - I was unable to keep the door open or fit the kayak. I had to get a smaller one. I know it's not the answer you were looking for. Other option is to strap the kayak/canoe to the back door.

As long at it still clears the bridges I suppose I could strap to the back, 12' (tandem) kayak so that might make it the tallest part of the trailer :)

FiremanBill

Design is the same from the looks of it other than the door opening the other way. If you use the ladder for the loft it will be in the way of that door opening in that configuration. Interesting.

bobca1

Design is the same from the looks of it other than the door opening the other way. If you use the ladder for the loft it will be in the way of that door opening in that configuration. Interesting.

Yep ladder will be in the way, but if I can use the door when the slide is closed, I prefer it that way! I am taking a look at the 3110 again this Saturday, so will have them close the slides and see if can still use the door opening.

FiremanBill

Should be able to from the looks of it. Make me want to re think flipping mine around now. No kayak but with the slide in it is hard to get around the couch to the kitchen. If I could go in from the garage while travelling it would be much easier to make lunch or grab a snack without having to open the slide.

By the way, we love our 2103 3110. The only real complain (other than the tires) I have is that with the bedroom slide out in you cannot get to the bathroom or bedroom. Didn't realize that when we were looking at it as we did not close the slides until PDI time. Still, even with that we'd buy it again.

jeffdee

We also are enjoying our 2014 3110. It was the perfect floor plan for me and the wife. With the den and kitchen slides out the floor space is enormous. We agree that the bedroom slide and the sliding glass doors are an inconvenience but we can live with it. I plan to flip the glass slides soon to remedy getting into the garage with the slides in.