Generator overheating

We having a Cummings generator in our torque t331.

Right now we are having issues with overheating, the hot air from the generator is being recirculate back through, causing the issue.

Is there anything anyone can recommend to fix the issue or has found anything that works?

david-steph2018

We having a Cummings generator in our torque t331.

Right now we are having issues with overheating, the hot air from the generator is being recirculate back through, causing the issue.

Is there anything anyone can recommend to fix the issue or has found anything that works?
If it is very hot, I will open the compartment door and remove the cover on the generator.

I was able to successfully run my generator for about 36 hours. I was originally having an issue with overheating, so I propped the door open and put a 16inch drum floor fan underneath to blow cool air into it.

david-steph2018

I was able to successfully run my generator for about 36 hours. I was originally having an issue with overheating, so I propped the door open and put a 16inch drum floor fan underneath to blow cool air into it.
Great news. Question, how many hours do you have on the oil?
How thin does the oil look?

david-steph2018

I changed oil earlier this year, and after that, the generator ran better. But I am over 350 hours on the generator since October 2017.