Generator Prep

porthole

Retired
I just bought a 2012 Torque 291, it is ready for a gen, just dont know if it is for LP or gas. How do I figure out what type of gen I need to buy (with out having to pull to a dealer ship) Thanks for any help

IIRC, the Torque 291 is the same basic floor plan as the Cyclone 3010 (our trailer).

Some additional thoughts.
From the factory, the generator exhaust exits under the left side, under the basement door opening. Poor place of an IC engine.
If you are building exhaust from scratch, you may as well terminate it to where the pipe exits between the two slides. And, if you do that, keep in mind future use of a "Gen-turi" extension.

Exiting between the slides means the centerline would be somewhere over the hot water heater of furnace outlets. A few inches fore or aft of the exhaust of either of those appliances will keep the heat exposure down on the Gen-Turi pipe.

If you get a Gen-Turi (i highly suggest it) you will also need the 18" extension to clear the roof line.

Jimnkarens

Do you know where I might get a copy of the install manual for the 5500LP? I would like to review it and gather the parts before I attempt the install.