Getting close to pulling the trigger on BigHorn

FordMan1966

Way to go congrats on your new Big Horn that is ordered. We picked up the Landmark Grand Canyon last Thursday that we had ordered and it took 7 weeks to get it, which is the same floor plan as the one you ordered. We just got it packed tonight and had lots of extra empty drawers after everything was put in the camper. The wait will seem like it is for ever but the end result is worth the wait. Enjoy your new Big Horn when it arrives and try not to think about it too much while it is ordered and the time will pass faster.

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
Done! I ordered the 3585RL yesterday with level up, good year tires, dual pane Windows, larger brakes......is it here yet? ;)
Congratulations! You'll love the floor plan we have the smaller version 3185 but I love that unit and would upgrade to it if I could! Welcome aboard!

macjj

Baught a 3075RL last Nov and love it. It too did not come with the levelers, and the dealer did not wish to tackle it. I have no issue with the dealer, as they were honest with me. Called the factory (both Lippert and Heartland). No response from Heartland, but Lippert recomended their factory. Since I had no plans to go Northward, they sent me to General RV in Jacksonville, FL - Chuck Kline. They are doing it now, however I am confident a good job will be done. General RV came highly recomended by both Heartland, this forum, and a general RV Service forum. I baught my rig from RV Outlet USA in Ringhold (Danville) VA. I live in SanDiego CA - it was worth the trip - saved about $20,000 from factory MSRP and from what local dealers offered. No trades though, so I still have my old rig to get rid of. The big plus was it was EXACTLY what we wanted in the basic rig. BTW - just was told by service rep that Heartland is considering the Lippert system as standard equipment (I am sure this will raise the base price).

hoosblues

Thanks for the congrats! We have our build date, the week of 4/16. I need to hurry up and find a truck to haul it with :)

Thanks

John

Pizzaguy

Congrats hoosblues! We also ordered a 3585 and I believe it has a build date of 4/17. The 3610 we have now has been trouble free for the 2 years we have had it, but we want the Level up and big fridge that we did not order on our 3610. We will be waiting with you!

hoosblues

We are getting excited. According to our dealer, our new Bighorn was scheduled to come off the line last week. It should be on its way to us soon! I found my truck and have been polishing up my Silverado 3500 dually. I have one more week of work and then it is GO time! We are planning a great cross country trip starting in June :)

hoosblues

Update: Our new BigHorn is in and we love it! We picked it up a couple of weeks ago and went straight to our home campground for 5 days. We had a great PDI at the dealer, and after our first camping trip, we are impressed with the overall build quality and attention to detail. So far, the only things that I have found to fix are a very slightly sticky screen door, and one of the outside speakers is not working. We are getting ready to head out for another camping trip in two days. I will check the speaker wiring and play around with the screen door a bit. This is quite an upgrade from our travel trailer!

donr827

Glad your first trip went so well. There is always a few things that need a little attention. We are on the 3rd week of our first trip. No major problems only a few minor ones that I have fixed myself.
Don

gvsummer

Congratulations!! We just pick up our new 3455RL just about over 1 week ego. We already camp in it one night in the way back from picking it up.
We love it and are very exited to take it out on different trips this summer.

jimtoo

Hi Gladys and John,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Glad you had a great night on the way back. Hope you make lots of great memories with your new Bighorn.

Enjoy the forum and your new toy.

Jim M

By the way,,, we are having our Heartland Owners National Rally in June... would be good way to meet lots of other Heartlanders and have a great time. We still have openings.

Congratulations!! We just pick up our new 3455RL just about over 1 week ego. We already camp in it one night in the way back from picking it up.
We love it and are very exited to take it out on different trips this summer.

gvsummer

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the warm welcome. We are very happy be able to join the group, and learn lots from all of you.
Love to go to the Heartland Owners National Rally in June, but not sure we can make it this year (work sometimes gets in the way). But definitly will consider next year.