Golf anyone??

jbeletti

I forgot to post this a week ago, but when I last met with the factory last, Scott Tuttle asked me if I thought anyone would be interested in golfing during the rally?

I guess there's a course right there in Goshen.

So I am tossing this out there. Who would be interested in golfing on Thursday during the rally?

If there is sufficient interest, Scott will put something together.

Thanks,

Jim

jbeletti

L'lJohn,

Post here what you'd "like" for Scott to put together. I'll send him a link to this thread.

What I feel we can assume is, sign up, golf with Scott, perhaps others from Heartland, other rally attendees - compliments of Heartland. Bring your clubs and shoes if you have some.

Jim

fulltimer

I haven't golfed in years but if you needed someone to fill a foursome I would give it a try. I would think there would be a place to rent clubs.

sislv

Tom & Sharol
Golf Thursday

Jim.....Sharol and I might be interested depending on what else might be scheduled for Thursday, and of course the weather.

Tom

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
I'll be monitoring repairs on Thursday, so depending upon what time, I'd be interested. I usually shoot twice my age or half my weight, so don't team me up with anyone who is a serious golfer.

Chuck

jbeletti

The potluck dinner for those who plan to join us plus some repairs is all that is "scheduled" for Thursday. Since it's the main arrival day, this is pretty much an on your own sort of day.

If this shapes up such that an outing gets planned, there will be enough of us hanging back at the Fairgrounds to manage things. I am beyond a hack on the gold course and haven't golfed (does putt-putt count?) in over a decade. I'll be hanging back at the Fairgrounds :)

Jim

Tom of Ypsi

You can sign me up for golf. Just came back from 27 holes a couple of hours ago. I presently work part time at Dearborn Country Club, Dearborn, Mi sitting on a lawnmower for three hours a day while I wait for Judy to retire next Wed. Sure am going to miss the free golf associated with this job so all free golf is greatly appreciated.

L'l John

I will have my clubs with me.
I am scheduled for minor repairs at 8:00 am on Thursday, so hopefully that won't interfere with golf, provided golf is not also scheduled very early.

John

jbeletti

Golf Outing Wrap-up

Thursday morning, 4 rally attendees, coordinated by Tom Atkinson (Tom of Ypsi) met here in Goshen at Black Squirrel Golf Club.

There, they met up with Scott Tuttle of Heartland where the 5 of them enjoyed a round of golf. Not sure if they kept score but sounds like they had a nice time.

Thanks Heartland for following through on your golf offer.

Jim

Tom of Ypsi

I also want to thank Scott Tuttle and Heartland for the FREE Golf. We (5 attendees and Scott) had a scamble which was fun. I hope that future rallies will have more golfers and we could fill a golf course for a morning outing.
On another note, the rally so far is great and beyond my expectations. For those of you who did not attend we all miss you. For people planning on attneding future rallies please do yourself a favor and attend, you will not regret it.