Good Sam Rally PIR

bdb2047

We are at PIR now see many Heartland campers nice Heartland display in camper sale area.We are in row 3 lot 164 will be a cold one for anyone interested.Plan to stay In Phonex area for April then head to Grand Canyon,Yellowstone then rally at Gillette then east to Rushmore back in Pa by Aug.Our longest trip yet have been on road since end of Nov.

rarnold

WOW, Dave.

Sounds like an awesome trip you've got going. Save that cold one for me and we'll meet up with you in Gillette! See you there.

Happy trails.

Rod

rjr6150

Dave
A group of us are heading to the Black Hills after Gillette and staying at the Rafter j Bar if your interested in joining us.

happykraut

Just got back from the Good Sam Rally in Phoenix. A trip filled with lots of fun and problems. My 2012 Big Country let me down twice. On the way there(from St. Louis), we had to stop at a dealer in Albuquerque because Judi kept smelling gas and we had very little gas pressure at the stove. A major gas leak was found at the furnace and the pressure regulator between the bottles was replaced. After only 2 weekend outings and the Branson Rally, we went through a whole battle of gas. The furnace had never been used. We were very unhappy and very happy at the same time that we didn't get blown up and possibly the rig camped next to us. Spent the night at a Walmart in Gallup. NM and woke up to a 14 degree temp with snow and ice on the ground. A great time was spent at the PIR. Wanted to see Quartzsite, so we spent a few days there and camped one night in the desert. The plan was to go north to the Grand Canyon, but after Gallup we decided to go south to Yuma. Visited 3 flea markets with very good prices. Eastbound on I10 to Sweetwater, TX. Wanted to visit this place because I was stationed there in 1961,62. Boy, has it gone down hill and the base is shut down. Headed east on I44 and stopped at another RV dealer because we were having trouble with the refrig staying lit. Not just while traveling, but while dry camping too. The mechanic thought it was the electronic board and replaced it. No help. Then he saw where the spark igniter was sparking to ground. He adjusted it and we were on our way home. On the trip we had trouble with the toilet. Long story short. Yesterday I installed a new Dometic 310. WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO QUALITY CONTROL?????? I won't mention the other problems we've had with this rig on this thread. HAPPY CAMPING.

Last edited: