Good Sam Roadside Assistance versus Coach Net

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I would count on any support or comment from Trailer Life Magazine. After all, they are a Good Sam publication.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bohemian

The last time I used Good Sam Roadside it took them over three hours of waiting and me calling them back for them to tell me they couldn't help me. They had no towing agents anywhere near me in southern Pennsylvania near Kurtzville, PA.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
If I paid Good Sam ERS by Credit card. I would put a claim in with the credit card company. I would also contact your state insurance commissioner or state attorney general's consumer complaints division. Trailer Life magazine has an ombudsman column that seems to often get positive results from RV vendors. Maybe your local TV station's consumer assistance hotline could help.

I have to add my experiences with Good Sam ERS. I have used them about 6 times in 6 years of RVing, from flat tire/spare swapouts, to a bad tire/cracked drum which required 2 vendors, and a roadside repair. One time while towing my rig in hot weather, the water pump on my truck blew, and GS sent a big rig tow to tow my truck hitched to the Bighorn. So far all of my interactions with GS have been positive, even getting tows 2 times on Sunday afternoons.

After Good Sam refused to tow the RV the service manager at the Ford dealer borrowed a buddy of his truck that had a fifth wheel hitch and he used it to tow the RV to the RV park I was headed to about 12 miles away. Another plus for Ford service. BTW I offered to pay him and he refused to take anything. He did it because he is a good guy.

- - - Updated - - -

I would also say if you are 13 ft 1 inch tall and they put your rig on a fatbed trailer you will be well over 14 feet tall. This will make you overheight which would require special permits. It can be done but wow much much trouble.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
With reading this thread, I am glad that we went with Coach-Net. We have had to use it about 4 times and with each time, we have had a crew out withing 1 hour and have never seen a bill. I guess you get what you pay for.

porthole

Retired
We called GS service this week. After 2 frustrating conversations with two people who did not understand the difference between truck and 5th or motorhome, I hung up and took care of the issue my self.

Although I did have a suspicion that they probably would not be able to help anyway with my tire issue.