Goodyear Marathon Tires

bigdob24

Anyone have any commits on GoodYear Marathon Tires.
10 ply- Max Load 3420
Just kicking around tires so I can replace what I have before we head south this fall.
Thanks
Dan

dewwood

If you are going to upgrade I would suggest something like these: http://www.trailertiresandwheels.com/product/RS2358516G I just put them on my Bighorn and they are twice the tire that the towmax or marathon's are. They will be doing a tire special at the rally if you are attending or they will ship them to you or you can go to their shop and they will balance and mount them. Be sure to ask for the Heartland special price.

bigdob24

ST 235/85R16 Load Range G 14 Ply Sailun S637 All Steel Radial Trailer Tire

I have looked at these also.
They will be a better choice if my original rims will work.
I have checked and they are rated for 110psi.
I want a tire that I don't have to worry about, I have 10,000 plus miles on the BlowMax tires with not one problem, but I know it's just a matter of time.
Thanks for the information.
Dan

bigdob24

The web site says the Sailun tires need a special high load capacity wheel and high pressure valve stem.
If the rims are rated for 110psi is that considered A high load capacity wheel, the valve stems could be replaced to upgrade.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Of your wheels are rated for 110psi they should have the appropriate stems.
Your tire guy will let you know.
If you plan on using a TPMS of the screw on variety have the steel stems installed.

Peace
Dave

B

BouseBill

Check the speed rating on the Marathons, I believe they are on the low side.

Mullins

Here is my 2-cents worth. I have read more about tires than I thought I would ever want to know. The towmaxx tire is crap!! The sailun tire is most likely your next best friend. However, u have take into consideration when u buy the sailun you r ordering it through, whatever Web site; maybe Simple Tire.com, who knows... think about your return, warranty. My suggestion is to buy local. I just bought the Goodyear 614. Pricey, duh!! But I feel very confident in them. I purchased them locally, I can return them, if needed. Nothing against sailun, I just like to buy local. Buy the piece of mind. Go down the road thinking about the journey not the tire!!!

avvidclif

Here is my 2-cents worth. I have read more about tires than I thought I would ever want to know. The towmaxx tire is crap!! The sailun tire is most likely your next best friend. However, u have take into consideration when u buy the sailun you r ordering it through, whatever Web site; maybe Simple Tire.com, who knows... think about your return, warranty. My suggestion is to buy local. I just bought the Goodyear 614. Pricey, duh!! But I feel very confident in them. I purchased them locally, I can return them, if needed. Nothing against sailun, I just like to buy local. Buy the piece of mind. Go down the road thinking about the journey not the tire!!!

While you are going down the road are you dragging your dealer along with you?

jfpayne35

Goodyear Marathon Tires for my 2010 Heartland Big Country. Bought four at once in the summer of 2013....was tired of the flats and blowouts with Carlile, towmax, and others. Thought all was well. Had the tires for 16 months with NO problems. HOWEVER....
On March 1, 2015, I had a Goodyear flat tire on I-10 between Phoenix and Tucson. Had it replaced with another Goodyear Marathon.
On April 1, 2015, I had a Goodyear flat tire on I-10 about 50 miles East of El Paso....replaced with what they had available.
On April 2, 2015, I had a blow-out on I-10 on another Goodyear.....did major damage to the rig.
So much for a major brand that cost a fortune to purchase. Our rig is about 80% of the maximum tire rating (and axle rating) on the wheels. So there should be plenty of reserve.

Goodyear will be receiving a letter from us concerning safety, defective tires and hopefully some consideration (cash) for our troubles (no, I won't hold my breath--lol).