Goodyear tires for replacements

k-f-Indiana

We had a blowout on our 1-1/2 year old Towmax tire. We had about 20,000 miles on it. We checked with Camping World on a Goodyear replacement. They gave us a quote on GY Marathon trailer tire, ST 235/80R16, load range E. We intend to replace all 4, of course. The question is, what do you think of this tire, and is it made in America?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Marathons can be made in either country. You will have to check with CW and verify by looking at the tire. They have had a few issues but nowhere near the "Off brand" China Bombs. You might check into Maxxis or go to an LT Michelin or move up to the G614 (check wheel capacity first).

jnbhobe

If the tire you need and want is a 235-80-16 LR-E there are a lot of options including 235-85-16 LR-E there are a lot of LT tires to choose from and CW surely doesn't have the best prices. I think the GY Marathon is Made in China. In an ST tire look at Maxis, in LT check with the local tire companys. If your looking for LT 235-85-16 LR-G I did see an outfit from Ohio that had them for around $250ea.

porthole

Retired
I concur with the above recommendations - excellent service and pricing from trailertiresandwheels