Goshen rally wash & wax

porthole

Retired
At the 2013 rally we signed up on the day it was offered for a truck and trailer wash and wax. In Goshen almost 2 weeks we gave the company a lot of flexibility.
The trailer was washed and they did a pretty good job, but they never came back for the wax - or to get paid.

2015 Rally, we again signed up for the wash and wax. This time the truck and trailer were washed and waxed.
Cleaned up they both looked good.

After a week or so I noticed that half of the brown-bronze decals had changed color and some of the stripes have a banding.
This is mostly noticeable on the right side, which is also the side that sees the sun when parked in our driveway.

I don't know what chems were used in cleaning, but the rig looked great when washed right up until we got home.

Anyone else experience this with gelcoat - decal and older rigs?

Not easy to see in the pics, but the upper decal has several vertical bands of lighter coloring. The lower decal is just all off color.

If I understand correctly, the RV wash company is a traveling outfit, following rallies. A couple of people who then hire locals to help.

That would explain why every piece of black plastic on my truck is covered with white wax residue. They were just workers, not detailers. Even the black plastic storage bins on the trailer were covered with wax or compound.

Attachments

• wash_&_wax_fade_1.jpg
    wash_&_wax_fade_1.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 109
  • wash_&_wax_fade_2.jpg
    wash_&_wax_fade_2.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 108

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have noticed the overwax on my rig and places they did not get all the wax off. Also did not scrub bugs off front cap. I will probably pass on this next time as I have a guy at home that charges just a little less and does a better job as he is more of a detailer. Oh well live and learn in my case. Sorry about yours though Duane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I found a trick for removing wax residue from the black plastic trim on my truck. Use a Pink Pearl eraser. The actual pink ones, not the white.

mlburst1

We had our rig washed and waxed in Goshen this year - the front cap was streaked and poorly done - rest of the rig looked fine.

I called the owner and she came out and re-waxed the front cap. She did a beautiful job and it still looks great.

We haven't experienced any decal color problems (yet?)

Mike

Last edited:

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Yep, a bit disappointed here myself too. Still cleaning white residue off coach and tow vehicle and will try pink eraser to remover stubborn white residue from black trim. Did not mind paying the bill at the time but as the days passed and I found more and more places where they missed spots and ultimately I had to re-do both my coach and TV by mid July. Not sure if the poor weather during the rally this past June had anything to do with it or what but it sure was not worth the money spent.

Last edited:

tomjanej

Well, I thought it was just us! All the black trim on our BC has a white residue. We also found 'misses' either not waxed or not 'polished'. A couple of the black decals also look funny now. Agree with Jim, not worth what we paid. See you all in our 'home town' on Thurs! Its fun to only have to drive 30 miles to a rally! :)

MCTalley

I'm starting to think I did pretty good paying a campground on the way to the rally $15 for the right to use their water to wash my truck and trailer.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Glad we didn't get ours done now I am reading all these posts. We couldn't see spending money on getting the rig washed just to drive back to Texas getting it dirty again. Wanted to wait till we 'lite' someplace for awhile to get it cleaned up.

dlw930

We had enough rain in Goshen to wash off the trail dust from the TX to IN trip. I opted out of the wash n wax special but got to watch a Big Country southwest of us getting the works. I think I'll keep doing mine myself since I sprung for one of the "clean and polish" kits from one of the rally vendors. It gets rid of streaks instead of leaving them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
David,

If you are talking about the Wash n Wax product I have it from Urbanna last year and I love it. Use on my coach and my vehicles and it works great. Easy to use and good results. That said I still like to at least once a season put on the real stuff and thats why I went with the rally special. Lesson learned here.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Does anyone have a name for this outfit, so others can be on the lookout for them? Trace

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
Does anyone have a name for this outfit, so others can be on the lookout for them? Trace

Company name is Aall*Brite R.V. Cleaning Service address is 1859 N. Camola Terrace, Inverness, Fl 34453. Cell Number is 352-212-6494 or 800-253-2678 in case anyone wanted there number.

dfk009

Was away from the rv, when I return, they were all over the coach wash and debugging it. I ask what they were doing since I hadn't ordered the service. After checking their list,they were to be at 222 instead of 322.

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
I came back to find our rug and other items piled up near our neighbor's rig with the ground soaked around the camper. My other neighbor said that it got a wash job and that they would return the next day to wax. Since I didn't order the service, I ask around and found that they were supposed to work on the rig nextdoor. When they returned I watch how they washed it with a high pressure sprayer. The woman had an attitude and said that she hoped that I appreciated the FREE wash. I explained that I was concerned with them washing mine with the high pressure and that since I had washed it after pulling in, it wasn't needed. I'm glad that they didn't wax it!

buddyboy

Never ceases to amaze me that when someone messes up, it becomes another person's problem. Glad you didn't buy into the guilt approach.

Jacknel

I had mine done at the rally and couldn't be happier. It was a wash and wax that they offered me, not a new trailer. They gave my RV a good wash and wax.