Got my China Bombs warrantied!

scottyb

Yes. It is less than you would like, around 1" on mine. If the axles were evenly spaced as they should be, there would be no issues. i am pursuing this with my dealer now. However, i have already pulled it 1600 miles like that, with no issues.

jasons09cyclone

I tried to use g614s on my 09 cyclone triple axle but the tires would touch together.. Looks like I'm stuck with the 80 height size e rated tires... I'm using Hercules tires from tire zone now it's been like a year with them, no problems so far..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

scottyb

I tried to use g614s on my 09 cyclone triple axle but the tires would touch together.. Looks like I'm stuck with the 80 height size e rated tires... I'm using Hercules tires from tire zone now it's been like a year with them, no problems so far..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

There is no reason for the axles to be that close together. Something is way wrong with this and we shouldn't have to be concerned with going from a 80 to an 85. At the very least they should be symetrical. Take a look at other 3 axle RV and trailers. The Voltage sitting next to mine at the dealer has about 4"-5" clearance between axles and evenly spaced.

danemayer

I've attached a page from the Dexter documentation that shows axle spacing. If you have Dexter 6K axles, the axle spacing is spec'd at 33" from center to center.

235/85R16 Goodyear G614 tires should be 31.7". That leaves 1.3 inches between tires.

Dexter 7K axles are spec'd for 35" spacing, which would leave 3.3" between tires.

I don't know the spacing for Lippert axles. It might be a little different.

Attachments

• Dexter Axle Spacing.pdf
    231.7 KB · Views: 14

scottyb

I'm not positive that mine are Lippert. I have never craweld under it to look at the tags on the axles. It seems like any unit with 16" wheels would need to be the "Optional Spacing" of 35" that Dexter shows on the sheet you provided. I have taken this issue up with the dealer today, while it is there for other issues. The lack of symetry is my biggest battle. We will see what happens.