Gotta brag on my Son a little bit here.

FiremanBill

My Son started college this fall at Virginia Polytechnic and State Institute (Va Tech for short). He is in Air Force ROTC and a Cadet in the Military portion of the school. One of only 4 public military colleges in the US that also enroll civilian students.

He is studying Physics and aiming to become a pilot for the USAF.

In addition to everything else he is in the Regimental Corp band known as the "Highty Tighties" as well as the corp jazz band, "The Southern Colonels", one of only 3 freshmen and 16 total to be in this elite unit.

He was named Freshman Cadet of the week a few weeks back. Needless to say I could not be any more proud of him.:D

Here is a video of their halftime performance from the Miami game last Thursday night. (best part of the whole game...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldpdizFnloM

Attachments

• Mason 1st year.JPG
    Mason 1st year.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 39

VKTalley

Congrats, Bill!! That is awesome! Ask your son if he knows another Hokie who is also a Cadet by the name of Keegan Newton. Keegan is a senior this year and we know him and his family. Since we are bragging on sons, I'll brag on mine too! He finished his Tech School two weeks ago with a 90% grade average. He left this morning, after working the past two weeks in his recruiting office in AL, for his first duty station at Tyndall AFB. He will be working on the F-22 Raptors, Avionics. Like you, Bill, Malcolm and I couldn't be prouder of him and where he is going with his life.

FiremanBill

Congrats, Bill!! That is awesome! Ask your son if he knows another Hokie who is also a Cadet by the name of Keegan Newton. Keegan is a senior this year and we know him and his family. Since we are bragging on sons, I'll brag on mine too! He finished his Tech School two weeks ago with a 90% grade average. He left this morning, after working the past two weeks in his recruiting office in AL, for his first duty station at Tyndall AFB. He will be working on the F-22 Raptors, Avionics. Like you, Bill, Malcolm and I couldn't be prouder of him and where he is going with his life.

That's awesome. Congrats to him. He will love Tyndall and Panama City. I was stationed at Eglin in Ft Walton Beach fore several years and loved every minute of it.

gebills

Congratulations to you Bill and your family; and recognitionto your son for stepping into a field where he will serve his country. A heart-felt salute to him....

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Don't apologize for bragging in that I would be doing the same thing. Tell him to keep up the good work and congratulations.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Good for him, I think he's picked a fine career. I thoroughly enjoyed my USAF Active and Active Reserve time. And now the pension and premium-free medical coverage.

ILH

Go right ahead and brag - that's what being a parent is all about! Congrats!