Gps

The RV-Ramblers

BigHorn Owners
Tom,
I don't know about low bridges and overpasses but I would assume that truck routes would already have that in consideration before being desinated a truck route. I made my statement based on three things: (1) I can designate that my vehicle is a truck, (2) I was routed via a truck route when passing through Pensacola, FL., and (3) selecting the truck vehicle did not change my vehicle icon. I will be happy for any input concerning the Nuvi.
Ken

tdharley

I know that my Magellan has a few input options. Most use of freeways, least use of freeways, shortest distance & shortest time. I also have GPS in my Chrysler 300. It does not have all the input options.

I will keep my eye out for that . That would be very cool if it does actually differentiate truck routes abnd plans your route for only them.

Low bridges would be cool also.

caokgafamily

Last June o6 we ventured off on 7400 mile trip, Ga to Oh then to Or then through Ca back to Fl. I borrowed a friends magellan, It made the trip alot easier no fighting with wife over map.I sold my Cardinal with the bunk beds, my new 3400 is suppose to be here today. This forum is fantastic!

Tom of Ypsi

Just a quick HELLO and Welcome to the Heartland family and this great site. Any questions most generally can be answered by some of the most knowledgable rv owners on the planet. Good luck with your BH and happy camping.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
caokgafamily, I would like to also say welcome to the family. There is always someone here to help with any problem you may have with your unit. Enjoy.
Terry and Renee

jbeletti

caokgafamily,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your soon to arrive Bighorn. May you have many happy years of travel in it.

Jim

jpmorgan37

CA-OK-GA-Family:
Sorry, I couldn't resist. Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your on your new 3400. Wow, that will make for a happy day. We hope you have many years and many miles of enjoyable RVing. Keep us posted of your adventures.
John

caokgafamily

This is the 3rd 5th wheel we have bought (sight unseen) over the internet. This is the 2nd time I have ever stepped in a Bighorn.My first impression of the 3400 is, it was built solid, it looks heavier than 10600 dry wieght. We had Cardinal LE 2005 before this BH.We are going this weekend for the trial run. I spent about 5 hrs going over everything,nothing major to report. Thanks again to the forum.

J

Jim_1899

Garmin StreetPilot c530 GPS

I been looking at purchasing a gps and have read the post. I am considering the Garmin StreetPilot c530 which I can purchase for $385. I looked at it at Bass Pro Shop but it was just a demo program and seemed to work well.

If anyone has used this model or know if I should look at something different let me know.

Ron Schoner

Tin Star
Terry I use my Laptop, with MS Street & Trips. Love the large screen on the laptop. And the voice commands. It hasn't got me lost yet! When I arrive at my destination, I take the laptop in side to be able to communite with the family.

Ron

happyrover

Jim, did you buy the Garmin C530 GPS. I have looked at the same one at Sportman's for $425. Let me know what you think of it if you got it. Have also looked at the Nuvi 660, but a little out of my range.

J

Jim_1899

No I have not bought a GPS yet. The Nuvi 660 does look good I just looked at it on CNet but the price is more than I want to pay. So far the C530 looks good I like the size and menu's. I had considered using my laptop but for me it would be a little too big and I ruin a keyboard a year now at the office from spilling coffee. I will let you know after buying one.

Last edited:

jpmorgan37

Jim;
Another one that you might look at is Magellan. I have a 760 that has been a very good and easy to use unit for us. If you are looking to save some money, there are a number of refurbished Magellan 800's on ebay for less than $300 with warranties. Keep us posted on what you come up with.

John

ontheroad

Has anyone tried the CoPolit live 10 gps? It is suppose to be RV friendly. It will set a route for 12' and 13' clearance. Also is for truck drivers and owners.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
ontheroad said:
Has anyone tried the CoPolit live 10 gps? It is suppose to be RV friendly. It will set a route for 12' and 13' clearance. Also is for truck drivers and owners.
Can you give us anymore info on this system?Cost, where to find one,etc.

jpmorgan37

Terry;
Go back and check my last post, in case you missed it. I've added two more sites to look at.
John