Grade of Gasoline for Generator?

57chevyconvt

Since ethanol is now added to gasoline, is there a grade of gasoline that doesn't have ethanol? The reason for asking this question is that ethanol is attacking the rubber o-rings and gaskets in in the carburetor of my Robin-Subaru RG4300is generator. If I replace the rubber o-rings and gaskets in the carburetor with OEM parts, they will probably be of the same material that was originally used by Robin back in 2005 when I purchased the generator. Any suggestions on what course of action that should be taken to solve this problem of rubber compatibility with ethanol+gasoline.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know about Texas, but around here if I go to an area that has a lot of boating activities there is usually a station or two that advertises having non ethanol gasoline. You might want to look for that.
Also there may also be some additives on the market now that will help counter the effects of the ethanol.
I agree, that stuff messes up a lot of small engines.

Peace
Dave

porthole

Retired
Have a smart phone?

There are at least 2 iPhone apps " ethanol free" and pure gas" you can use. I'm sure there are similar for the android