Gray tank #1 empties slowly?

lakeside

My gray water tank #1(shower only) takes about one hour to empty out from first pulling lever, which releases a full pipe gush of water for 10 seconds, down to a slow trickle of water that takes one hour to completely stop running. (The water supply valve and water pump switch are in the off position so no source of water is going into any of the tanks).

The gray #1 lever pulls out the same distance, about 4 to 5 inches, as gray #2 and the black water levers. The pull out resistance is the same on all three levers. If it matters with answering my question, the tank level indicators inside the 5er read as follows: black=empty, gray #2=empty, gray #1= 1/3.

My 5er is a new 2014 Bighorn 3685RL with about 40 nights of use and about 10 tank empties. Could my gray tank #1 have an obstruction, possibly the cutout, or is there an adjustment on the tank valve lever that is not allowing it to open fully?

Any ideas to assist with this slow drain problem would be appreciated. Gracious.

Lakeside

Garypowell

Sounds like an obstruction.....sorry!

dont know the official name bu there is a fitting you can put on the outlet of all the tanks and hook a hose to it. With this you can back flush the tank. Maybe this will clear the obstruction. This has worked for me a time or two.

wdk450

There is a long history on this forum of people finding construction debris in their tanks and plumbing on fairly new units. In your case there have been several reports of the disks cut out of the tank walls for plumbing attachments being left in the tanks. I think this is a warranty issue, and maybe you need one of those plumbers video systems to go into the tank/drain lines and see what the matter is.

happykraut

lakeside

After thinking about this:::You would think that a unit having a retail price of $85,000+ ought to have some really good workers that take pride in their finished product? Leaving construction debris inside the tanks shows me some of the employees have "don't give a crap" attitude. I expected more from Heartland!
Lakeside:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
After thinking about this:::You would think that a unit having a retail price of $85,000+ ought to have some really good workers that take pride in their finished product? Leaving construction debris inside the tanks shows me some of the employees have "don't give a crap" attitude. I expected more from Heartland!
Lakeside:

Debris ends up in just about any manufacturer's tanks. Our previous Forest River TT disgorged a collection of styrofoam, plywood pieces and a couple of broken drill bits. That rig definitely needed the extra twist-on valve or else you got a bath when removing the cap.