Gray tank valve won’t close

Coachrkr

My #2gray tank valve won’t fully close on my 2016 Bighorn 3270rs. The handle pushes in to the wall then pops back out about an inch. It opens fully when I pull to open the valve, but will not fully close, and leaks into the clean out pipe. Any suggestions to get it to fully close?

GK2018

I'm in the same boat, I haven't done any troubleshooting on mine yet, so I'm following to see what others suggest on your post! Two birds one stone!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
After tearing into both of my grey tank valves, I’d say one of the two rubber gaskets has been dislodged.
IMO it’ll require you to get underneath and either cut a door or drop the coroplast for replacement of the internal gaskets. While you’re at it rotate the valve housing 180 degrees and remove 30-32” of cable.
Mine opens and closes with much more freely after I repositioned it

david-steph2018

If you have a cable pull valve:
Once you get underneath and get to the valve, you will find they do NOT cut the cables to length. Instead, just coil the cable and Tye wrap it together. This is how they did my pull cable runs. You can shorten the cables with a good pair of wire cutters and a Dremel. I used the Dremel tool and cut the outer covering on the cable, then the wire cable to length.
The cable is held to the valve body with an Allen screw, it could had backed off, so make sure it is tight as well. The inner wire goes thru the hole and the outer cable seats in the same spot. The Allen screw is tightened to hold it in place.

If you go to remove the valve, make sure the tank is empty. The raise the camper high on the discharge side, so the tank will not drain on you when you take the valve body out. Experience on that.