Greetings from a New Heartland BH3685RL Owner

gslabbert5119

After having an RV on and off over the years, I have finally bitten the bullet and purchased a new to me, used Heartland 2013 BH 3685RL. This is a new chapter in our life now that my wife has retired, and as my business can be run from anywhere (assuming that I can get good internet access) we are going to once again tour the USA like most on this forum no doubt.
So Hi, to all, and as a newby, I will do my best to bother the living daylights out all of you long time Heartland owners ...:rolleyes:

So in advance, I am going to thank all of those that are willing to part with your knowledge and help out.

Gavin Slabbert

danemayer

Hi gslabbert5119,

Congratulations on the new-to-you Bighorn and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people. Don't hesitate to post your questions and let us know about your adventures.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
X2 on what Dan said. There are no stupid questions just some dumb answers at times. That wont happen here, because we all have everybody's back....well 99.9% of the time.

gslabbert5119

Thanks Bob&Patty and Danemeyer, as you have both stated there is tons of info on this site, in fact too much. See I analyse, and with this info I am again going to suffer from Analysis paralysis, just like my efforts for find the right truck to tow this sucker.

'Lil Guy'

Congrats on your BH and don't be afraid to ask questions. Lots of knowledgeable people here willing to help. I've already worn most of them out.lol Enjoy your new rig and hope to see you down the road.

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
As far as the truck goes just go big . We started with a 2500 and now have a F-350 and all through our 2500 towed it very well and stopped it without any problems the F-350 tows it better and we are well under weight. I Don't hear my husband say you can't put that in we have to watch the pin weight! LOL!!

gslabbert5119

Thanks Kathy & Ken. I have a 2015 f250 extended cab 4x2 with 6.7 liter diesel, hopefully this will do the job.
As far as the truck goes just go big . We started with a 2500 and now have a F-350 and all through our 2500 towed it very well and stopped it without any problems the F-350 tows it better and we are well under weight. I Don't hear my husband say you can't put that in we have to watch the pin weight! LOL!!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I posted in your other thread. You need to look at the your current trucks ratings. You never want to be at the top of them. Better to have tooo much truck than just enough. Personally, I would look at a 350 and DRW if you are going to a lot of traveling. JMHO