Grey Tank Overflow

conradsteph

We had our first minor plumbing mishap this weekend in our 2014 Cyclone 3800. Went to bed after checking tank indicators (I know they are not the most accurate gauges but it gives us an idea of where we stand), my grey #2 read full. So I thought first thing in the morning I'll dump. Woke up to a kitchen sink full of water and water overflowing to floor. I know grey #2 comes from kitchen sink and 1/2 sink in garage. Drained the tank immediately, water went down, and tank then read empty. If the grey tank is filled to capacity, is this the normal thing to happen? If it is that's fine, I just want to know if I need to check anything. Is there anything else that drains into grey tank? I did replace the front roof vent with the "cyclone" style vent but that is the only plumbing modification I have done. It was lightly raining this morning. Could the rain possibly have leaked down the new vent and caused the overflow? I read a couple of other forums regarding venting issues from grey. Could that explain anything? Thanks.

scottyb

The sink in my 1/2 bath in the garage goes to black tank #2. I have verified this while dumping to see where the water comes out. Pretty strange how your gray tank could fill over night with no water running. This is pretty common with the fresh water tank due to a check valve, but there should be no source of water connected to the gray tank, other than the faucets.

danemayer

If the sink filled by itself and overflowed onto the floor, there must be something adding water to the sink or gray tank. If the faucet isn't dripping, the vent seems a good choice for investigation, especially since you've done some work there.

B

BouseBill

All the more reason to leave the gray tanks open, especially if you're at a park. You don't have to worry about tanks overflowing.

Last edited: