Grey Water in the shower

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I use a jumper hose to combine the gray1 and gray2 tanks. Basically doubles your shower capacity.

If you open gray 1 and gray 2 and leave the main drain cap closed via a fitting which you are able to close then gray 1 and gray 2 will act as a combined tank theoretically giving you 90 gal of tank storage (2 x 45 gal). It has worked for me before. But if you don't have the clear fitting with the open/close valve to attach to the drain opening you will have a mess.

wdk450

If you open gray 1 and gray 2 and leave the main drain cap closed via a fitting which you are able to close then gray 1 and gray 2 will act as a combined tank theoretically giving you 90 gal of tank storage (2 x 45 gal). It has worked for me before. But if you don't have the clear fitting with the open/close valve to attach to the drain opening you will have a mess.

I would recommend that you install an external 3 inch sewer line valve on the end of the sewer pipe if you do this. Otherwise you will get a lot of "flow" when you first take off that sewer pipe cap. Don't ask me how I know.

external sewer valve.jpg