Grey water tank gas in kitchen sink.

Boozecamp

We have been smelling waste water gas/oders under the kitchen sink. Often when cabinet doors are shut. I lolled under sink just now and it stunk! No drips or leaks in pipes. But did notice there is NO pee-trap in either sink drain lines. It appears the Oder is just drifting up from the grey water tank. Is that my problem? Do you think there is a pee-trap under floor before it gets into tank?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Putting the P-trap under the floor would probably be a violation of plumbing codes, or just plumbing common sense. You need to be able to access it in the event something gets dropped in the sink, like a ring or something. If they didn't put one in, then somebody must have gotten lazy during the build. It may be located in the cabinet next to the sink. In my rig, the common trap is under the sink, serving both basin drains.

hoefler

look for the riser that comes out of the floor. The P-trap should be connected to it before it goes down. Like said above, it could be in an adjoining cabinet. Above the tee, there is a air admittance valve, this could be bad. They are only about $3.00, replace it, you can get one at any hardware store.

Boozecamp

look for the riser that comes out of the floor. The P-trap should be connected to it before it goes down. Like said above, it could be in an adjoining cabinet. Above the tee, there is a air admittance valve, this could be bad. They are only about $3.00, replace it, you can get one at any hardware store.

What is an air admittance valve?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
There is a demo 3570RS here at the Heartland North American Rally in Urbanna, Va.
Tomorrow I will take a look under the sink to check for the P-trap and Studdor Valve.

Peace
Dave

Boozecamp

There is a demo 3570RS here at the Heartland North American Rally in Urbanna, Va.
Tomorrow I will take a look under the sink to check for the P-trap and Studdor Valve.

Peace
Dave

Thanks, I'd be real interested to know if this was a missed item on my unit.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The P-trap is located below and behind the shelf.
The Studdor valve sticks up above the shelf on the left side.

Peace
Dave
uploadfromtaptalk1402666133188.jpg