Had second ac installed and it doesn’t work

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You said that it ran for a short time and then quit but did all of your 120 volt items die at the same time? Are you plugged into a 30 amp service? Were you running both AC units at the time?
Did you reset the main breaker?
Since you have a 30 amp service was there room in the breaker service for another breaker when installed at CW?
That's all I got.

Peace
Dave

Last edited:

hoefler

Your right about that wire being a ground wire.
Since it most likely comes from that yellow 12/2wg Romex I have to think that it should be attached to the AC metal housing that I see above.
You said that it ran for a short time and then quit but did all of your 120 volt items die at the same time? Are you plugged into a 30 amp service? Were you running both AC units at the time?
Did you reset the main breaker?
Since you have a 30 amp service was there room in the breaker service for another breaker when installed at CW?
That's all I got.

Peace
Dave

WRONG THAT IS NOT A GROUND WIRE!!! That is the thermal coupler for the thermostat. If you were to wire nut it to the ground, you will ruin it. It contains freon in it and it will leak out rendering the thermostat useless.

Check you incoming voltage

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
WRONG THAT IS NOT A GROUND WIRE!!! That is the thermal coupler for the thermostat. If you were to wire nut it to the ground, you will ruin it. It contains freon in it and it will leak out rendering the thermostat useless.

Check you incoming voltage
My bad, upon closer inspection of the picture I see the blurred crimp on the end and you are correct. I have edited my post.

Peace
Dave

After looking at the end and seeing the romex I figured it wand a ground after all. Thanks for clarification. I will check voltage and report back! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

I don’t want to take it back to camping world as I have yet to have anything done that was right the first time!
There's risk involved in not taking the unit back to CW. If you're unable to resolve the problem yourself, you wouldn't want to get caught in the middle with finger pointing between the manufacturer and CW. If you do anything to the unit yourself, or if you use someone who is not authorized, you could end up owning the entire problem, even if the unit is defective.

You might want to look for a mobile servicer who claims to be authorized for warranty on the A/C unit. Confirm with the A/C manufacturer that he's authorized and that they will cover the repair cost or replacement.

So I checked voltage and got 120 from breaker to unit. On the 4 way switch I was getting 120v on each of the 4 legs when I turned it to low fan or any “on” position.
Nothing working, no fan, no nothing. Any idea why the control knob would put power to each leg? I though it should go each one as you dialed it.
Thanks for advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wdk450

I found a generic air conditioner manual on the Airxcel/Coleman website. From your picture, I believe that you have a 9000 series AC. Refer to those diagrams in the manual. https://airxcel.com/DesktopModules/RvProduct/Pdf/1976141_copy.pdf You sound as if you can handle the 2 main diagrams. The control switch unit is on page 10, the upper compressor/fan unit is on page 12.

The section about the thermostat says that it is a sensor located in the air return box. No mention if it is a purely electric, or freon bulb/electronic type.

Good Luck!!!