Has Anybody Found a Self-Contained (i.e. no box) Duplex Receptacle with USB?

robk

My 5th wheel has some duplex outlets with traditional electrical boxes, but most of them are the self-contained type that don't use a box. Has anybody been able to find a self-contained duplex receptacle with the integrated USB ports? They're readily available for the box type receptacles, but I can't find them for the self-contained type. Any suggestions?

jbeletti

By "self-contained", do you mean the outlet where the Romex runs through it and the back of the outlet swedges onto the rest of the outlet? Like this:
Front.jpgback.jpg

I don't think there's one of this style with USB outlets in it. That said, in many cases, you can fit a remodel style duplex outlet box and a regular duplex outlet with USB outlets in it.

jerryjay11

Try Amazon. Search rv self-contained 120 volt outlet with usb. Found one on first try. Maybe the RV Designer

HOOKERUP

Easier to use the 120v adaptor to USB that you can get at BestBuy,that way you are not limited to where the outlet is put.

jbeletti

In addition to appearing to be unobtainium, you really need a special ($$$) tool to properly swedge (compress) the back on those self-contained RV style recepts. I too vote for using a box if practical or an external USB adapter.

robk

You might like something like this: https://www.lakeside.com/Home-Impro...nUx5llsVZhnXpMZDUCDAqQA551gs36x0aApW0EALw_wcB

I get the 3 outlet/2 usb adapter only at the 99 Cents only store for something like $3.99.

Yeah, those would work in some locations. Gotta be careful with the ones hidden when the slides are in. Not much clearance.

- - - Updated - - -

Try Amazon. Search rv self-contained 120 volt outlet with usb. Found one on first try. Maybe the RV Designer
Really? I searched all over Amazon and couldn't find one with USB. Can you post a link?