hauler or parker?

i love hauling my camper (2009 Sundance 3300SK) to new places all the time. i have only been camping for three years now after retiring from the military. before that we were boaters towing to a lake all the time. a buddy of mine says he preferres leaving his camper at a site all year instead. can anyone tell me their views of pros/cons?

jimtoo

Hi budmanrebel,

Welcome to the posting side of the Heartland Owners Forum.

Your question depends on each individuals thoughts. If you never go any place else and trust the folks that visit around where your unit is parked, it might be OK.

You will get more opinions on this from other members I'm sure.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We leave ours on a summer seasonal site in northern Michigan and commute to it for 2 - 3 week stays. We store it over the winter. The CG we use is between two very large lakes, connected by a river. We keep our pontoon in a slip at a marina on that river. Plenty to see and do in the area, or just kick back and relax.

The CG is a three hour drive from home, so most of the summer (May to October) is spent up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ManDak

We do a bit of both. Have a seasonal spot that we park at for the most time but still like to have the option to hit the road. Hence why when we upgraded our unit we went to a fifth wheel. Husband enjoys NASCAR and we like the option on hooking up and heading somewhere to catch a race. Also, we take it down to our state fair for a week. Kids are still young and hope to take them on a road trip each summer too. Our seasonal spot is on a lake where we have our boat in marina as well and enjoy the lake time. Summer is so short here and even makes it more difficult that husband is a farmer and I'm a shift worker.

Kbvols

We do a combination of both. We own a wooded property with a cabin close to our home. We spend almost every weekend at the property and utilize the RV. We always have a lot of work to do at our property so when we need a break or want to be around more people or action we hitch up the 5'r and head out.
6ec82b1983588714093d4657311ab731.jpg

valions15

The negative of leaving it parked in one place is you dont get to see this big beautiful country of ours!! one weekend or one week at a time!!!.........retired NAVY here!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Our coach has been a hauler for the first 4 years, going at least once a month somewhere fairly close plus 3-4 longer trips throughout the year including winter trips for skiing. That is, until DH took a new job, then out coach became a Parker, as we needed her as a second home. She's only gone on one trip in the last 11 months, but soon to go to Indiana for a Heartland family reunion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi budmanrebel,
We are "aspiring" Heartland owners, as my husband will be retiring (for the 2nd time) in two years. I have done extensive research into fifth wheels, and we have settled on the Heartland as our 5th wheel of choice for many reasons. We are looking at moving from Pennsylvania to the south (Georgia/Florida) and want to live in our RV year 'round. I am wondering if there are others here who are just "parkers" and prefer to stay in one place?