Headed out Sunday for Kerrville, TX and then on to Big Bend Area!!

Hunter11

Where are you staying in Kerrville? We will be headed to Buckhorn Lake Resort in July. That is one of our more favorite parks and I have hosted several rallies there for the manufacture of the trailer we use to own.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Have fun!!! Did you get your tires replaced?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sunset4k

Hey Erika, thanks!! Yes we did get the tires replaced. Took your advise and went with the Maxxis tires. The guy at Discount Tire said he had never seen tires as bad as our Tomax Tires with less than 5,000 miles on them. We held our breath the entire way to get them replaced..!!!

Sunset4k

Hi Hunter11!!! We are staying at the Guadalupe River Resort in Kerrville from Sunday through Thursday. I've never been to Buckhorn Lake Resort.. May check it out for a future trip!!

jayc

Legendary Member
Jerry and Diane and all, please keep in mind that we have a yearly rally in February at Buckhorn called the Sweetheart rally. Keep an eye open here for the announcement, because it's one you don't want to miss! It's not a Heartland rally but there will be LOTS of Heartland trailers there.

Jim.Allison

Hey Erika, thanks!! Yes we did get the tires replaced. Took your advise and went with the Maxxis tires. The guy at Discount Tire said he had never seen tires as bad as our Tomax Tires with less than 5,000 miles on them. We held our breath the entire way to get them replaced..!!!
I am so happy to hear that you got rid of those TowMax tires, sounds like yours were ready to blow. Don't even use them new. We made a drive through the Texas Hill Country today, the weather is beautiful, welcome and have fun.

Tom-Kathi

We are heading out of Kerrville in the morning. Been at the Johnson Creek RV Resort since November. Pulling up stakes and heading West to California and Nevada. Had a great time here and it is time to go see the grandkids....their parents too. :)

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
There are two great RV Resorts just a short distance from Kerrville. One is Hill Country Resort and Event Center in Medina and the other is Antler Oaks Lodge RV Resort in Bandera. Great places to stay and wonderful friendly folks at the parks.

Sunset4k

Jim, there was a whole lot less stress this trip knowing we had the new tires behind us. The Elkridge sure pulled a lot smoother too!!! Happy travels to you as well!!

Tom-Kathi

Well almost 6 weeks and 4500 miles later, we are finally parked at the Sam's Town RV Park in Las Vegas Nevada. Had a great trip, saw all of our relatives and are parked for probably a year. Not one problem with either truck or coach and by the grace of God we even made it with the original Freestar Tires! Checked them religiously and they rode great. However, they will be off before this rig moves down the road again next year.