Heading to Goshen with a layover in Dearborn MI.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
We are thinking about swinging up to Dearborn MI on our way to Goshen in June. Looking at touring the Ford plant and surrounding attractions. Any recommendations on a nice campground in the area??

Thanks

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Try looking at RVParksReview.com. They list a couple of parks in the general (25 mile) area without going to Canada.

JWalker

Can you give us your opinion of "nice" please. Thx.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

LOL!! I guess for this purpose, clean and safe....And can hold a 42’ Rig. Not going to be at the campground much. Just to explore, sleep and shower. Then, onward to Goshen.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
We've stayed here Detroit Greenfield Campground. Be specific about the site you need as part of the campground is wooded and it would probably not be suitable for your coach.
It's about 30 minutes from The Henry Ford. You should plan on at least 2 days to tour the museum and Greenfield Village. (Bring your best walking shoes).
The North Central Region directors live in the area. I'm sure they'll chime in with some helpful info soon!

Kbvols

Harbor town RV resort in Monroe is very nice. Paved sites, nice pool. It's approx 30 miles South of Dearborn right off I-75.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
If you have the time, try to go to Greenfield Village, its well worth the trip. When we went we stayed at the Addison Oaks Campground, which is county-owned and a decent place to stay. They don't have sewer hookups but they do offer a pump-out service.

G_S

I have heard that Dearborn is not very appealing these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uncledon

Her chauffeur
A bit further from Dearborn, but just outside Frankenmuth is the Pine Ridge RV Campground. And there's a General RV store nearby, just in case you need something. We stayed there for a couple of nights when we first took delivery of our rig to check it all out. All pull-through, full hook up sites.

https://www.michigan.org/property/pine-ridge-rv-resort-campground
If you decide to camp up in Birch Run, then you might want to check on the Church Grove campground in Frankenmuth. Stay there often and it's rarely full. 30A and water at most sites. It is actually a repurposed church Grove so sites are laid out a bit odd, but very roomy. Eldon the caretaker is very accomodating. All first come-first served. Fee firewood to boot!

Frankenmuth is a fantastic town to spend a day in too!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Thanks Neale, We do live very close. Harbortown is pretty decent although expensive. You could try Sterling State Park in Monroe which is right off of I-75 and probably about 35 minutes away the Henry Ford. It has a section with FHU's. Detroit Greenfield is ok although most sites are tight with trees unless you are in the front section. Across I-94 is Wayne county fairgrounds, not the greatest although I have heard they have done some improvements. Out in the Irish Hills area (about 1-1 1/2 hours west on I-94) there are numerous places. You could also go to Groveland Oaks which is about 1 hour and is a beautiful county park with some full hookups right near I-75. The museum and village are both awesome and you may want to do the factory tour of the Ford F-150 plant. It is also in the complex. Let me know if you book in the area. We may be able to meet up with you somewhere.

JWalker

Thanks everyone for the info. Going to do some research. We might only be there for Saturday and 1/2 day Sunday before we head to Goshen. So we might need to pick & choose due to time restrictions.

CDN

B and B
Yogi Bears Jellystone park in Frankenmuth is a tad pricy but 42 ft will fit. Been there a few times. Wifi a bit spotty but with a booster will work.