Heading to Maine

Lou_and_Bette

Looking for a place to stay in Maine for a few days. We think the Bangor area. Heading to the New York Rally. Anyone in the area or know of a good campground.....Thank you, Bette

Mizmary

We stayed at a KOA in Bar Harbor. We LOVE that area. And have been twice. It's not quite Bangor. But bucksport won our heart 10 years ago. Thurston is near there and they have a great lobster pound. We just talked about it today and decided we should go again soon. Let us know where you find and have fun!!

Rodbuster

I'm going to keep an eye on your replies. We were up there last year and had a hard time finding a campground that was "big rig" friendly.
Seems like there are not many new campgrounds in the New Hampshire/ Maine areas and all the older campgrounds were built before the longer rigs and the 2, 3 and 4 slide-outs.

Good luck to you and please post what you find. It's a beautiful area.

Dick

TXTiger

I am heading in the opposite direction. I am in Omaha NE heading back home to Calif. Betty take lots of pictures and post them. New England is very beautiful.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Timberland Acres Trenton ME is a good place closer to Bar Harbor. Decent price. Pumpkin Patch is great but a little further out. Fair price, wifi is good.

dbbls59

We just came from a great little park in Hermon which is just a few miles west of Bangor. Pumpkin Patch is clean and a very beautiful park, and very reasonable rates. Nice people who run it also.

Lou_and_Bette

We decided on The Pumpkin Patch in Herman ME. The place is very nice and big rig friendly. Large pull through sites. Friendly staff and clean. So far so good. Bette

aatauses

We lived in ME for 35 years before full timing--if you get a chance go to SW Harbor---same shoreline as Bar Harbor without all the people and congestion and great lobster at reasonable prices.alcurrently in Graham, WA

Mizmary

Thurston lobster pound!! I second the southwest harbor. We've been there twice and loved it both times.

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
I am heading in the opposite direction. I am in Omaha NE heading back home to Calif. Betty take lots of pictures and post them. New England is very beautiful.
We were just there, stayed at Wells Beach resort, lots of big rigs there, it is on highway 1 in Wells, just south of Portland. Clean well maintained place. We parked our LandMARK NO PROBLEM. We had site 61. We stayed there in 2006 as well.