Heading to PEI!

Moose

I took the ferry over from Caribou, NS and the Confereration Bridge back in late June and I think the bridge was $57.

The Holiday Haven KOA in Cornwall (Near Charlottetown) has made some nice improvements and has some nice big pull thru sites with new 50 Amp services.

rick_debbie_gallant

I took the ferry over from Caribou, NS and the Confereration Bridge back in late June and I think the bridge was $57.

The Holiday Haven KOA in Cornwall (Near Charlottetown) has made some nice improvements and has some nice big pull thru sites with new 50 Amp services.

Moose, how much was the ferry ride and also the cost of the KOA.

We are currently in Fredericton, NB at HARTT's ISLAND. nice place. Going to stay over an extra night and check out the BLUES's festivals going on this weekend.

RETIREMENT LIFE IS GOOD!

Moose

We are currently in Fredericton, NB at HARTT's ISLAND. nice place. Going to stay over an extra night and check out the BLUES's festivals going on this weekend.

RETIREMENT LIFE IS GOOD!

There is no charge going TO PEI by either Ferry or Confederation Bridge. You pay to get off the Island. LoL

Coming from New Brunswick you would be better off using the Confederation Bridge going to PEI. It depends on your itinerary after PEI whether you return to mainland via Bridge or take Ferry to Caribou and Nova Scotia.

Here is the link to the fares for the Ferry.

http://www.nfl-bay.com/pdf/NFL-Fares.pdf

KOA 50 AMP pull thru on the waterfront is $50/night. Regular $50 Amp pull thru $42/night. 30 AMP are cheaper. KOA 800-562-4194.

Enjoy.

noobee

RETIREMENT LIFE IS GOOD!

While at Hartt's Island, look up Sandra & Ron Steeves & tell them that Carol & Graham say hello!

caissiel

The fair rate on the bridge is per RV and discounted close to the car fair. On the ferry you are charged per the lenght of the vehicle and it can be quite high compared to the bridge fair. If going to NS it might pay off taking the ferry to the Island and back to NB by the bridge.

rick_debbie_gallant

Well it has been a busy week. We are now in Sherbrooke Nova, Scotia. We are heading towards cape Breton and a trip around Cabot's Trail.

While on PEI I just had to check something out. I had heard that there several GALLANT's on that island. That is an understatement.

I walked up to 6 gents outside the local Lions club and I asked no particular one if there were any GALLANT's around.

The response "we'll 5 of us are and that fellow there is a token, he is our brother in law".

Then we went to the local cemetery and 80 percent had GALLANT AS PART OF THEIR NAME. Well maybe not 80 % but at least 70% were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

caissiel

As a gallant you can check the Hachey (Hache) the ancestry are from the same branch. My Bros in Law is also a Gallant.

caissiel

New brunswick. 4 miles from my home. a lot of Gallant and Hache here in eastern NB. They mostly have ties with PEI
I Would say greatest concentration on the Island.

During the acadia expultion some ran to PEI and some to NB. Some were boated to louisanna and some made their way back.
Sent from my GT-S5660M using Tapatalk 2

rick_debbie_gallant

Well we made it to LUBEC, MAINE. BEEN A WILD 5 weeks. Here is a picture of us at "waterstreet inn and tavern. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348958216.941422.jpg.

Here we are at the furthest town east in the United States. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348958419.378077.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Small small world. My dad owns a house very near that light house and if you happened to see a road named Cecilia's way it was named for my mom after she past away. He said he wanted to make sure everybody new she "got her way"

PEIFAMILY

We are currently adding abother nine 50 amp sites (sites will be about 36 wide x 90ft long) with a great waterview staggered up the hill from where you were parked. Also a few of the sites on the end of the waterfront rows were widened by about 10-15ft. Just finished trenching for the electrical friday and hoping to get the water/sewer in asap. Been thinning out the entrance road when you enter the CG as well to bring back the water view when coming in as well.