"Heartland" brand tires

Gary521

Re: Another Tire Brand Question

Since I recently had a failure of a GY G614 tire, I am considering two other brands of tires from Discount Tire Co. I had previous made note of the Heartland brand of tire and no one seems to have any experience with this brand, the other brand that the local Discount Tire store is recommending is Taskmaster. The physical weight of a Heartland tire is 60# and the Taskmaster is 46#. The store manager is telling me that the Taskmaster has a higher load carrying capacity. So far they have had good success with the Taskmaster tires for trailer applications. In my area most trailer tire applications are farm and ranch. A number of the ranch trailer are very large goose neck cattle trailers. Any thoughts and or suggestions as to the use of either one of the noted tires.

Jim, do not fool with these off brand tires. This is no place to save money. The guy in the tire store knows less about the tires than you do. You don't have to buy the most expensive tire just not the off brands. Get a good LT tire and that will save a little.

SNOKING

Just get Sailun S637's. They now come in ST235/80R16G that are similar in diameter to the G614 and the original (LT) now ST235/85R16G which are larger in diameter.

Chris

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
I don't think any tire store will repair body damage. That is up to your insurance company and a body shop.

Discount did forward the claim form and information to the tire company when I had one blow two years ago.

Goodyear does. I believe it was Pat and Elaine Poole who just a had a blowout coming from the Mountain Region Rally in Pueblo CO. and Goodyear paid to fix their trailer and replaced all 4 of their G114's.

Rod

57chevyconvt

Re: "Heartland" brand tires

Goodyear does. I believe it was Pat and Elaine Poole who just a had a blowout coming from the Mountain Region Rally in Pueblo CO. and Goodyear paid to fix their trailer and replaced all 4 of their G114's.

Rod

Rod, Thanks for the information about the possibility of getting some support in the way of repairs from Good Year. So far the cost of a replacement finder skirt from Heartland has been less than $100. My labor is cheap.
Regards, Jim

- - - Updated - - -

I just found these at a respectable price.

https://www.oneclicktires.com/tires/view/224418

Thanks for the link to the source of supply for Sailun tires.

CarterKraft

I used Simpletire.com for my S637 Sailuns and just today ordered another spare shipped to the nearest NTB for install at $124. NTB will charge for the high pressure steel stem and mount/balance/rotate.

I would prefer to just pull into Discount and have them throw on a set of tires but at the time I researched Hartland tires it was just a brand of a importer carried that was sold under many different names with little to no track record, so the somewhat proven Sailuns seemed like the best candidate, for my mileage the Goodyears are just to pricey.

Lynn1130

Goodyear does.
That is the tire manufacturer, not the tire store. If you take the tire back to Discount, Goodyear store, Sears or what ever. They forward to the manufacturer. The store does not pay.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
That is the tire manufacturer, not the tire store. If you take the tire back to Discount, Goodyear store, Sears or what ever. They forward to the manufacturer. The store does not pay.

That is correct, you have to deal with Goodyear the corporation, not the place that sells them.

Rod