Heartland Customer Service?????

kakampers;324661 If this is what your doors look like...they are made by Mor Ryde... [URL said:
http://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2010-Heartland-Bighorn-3670RL-109101482[/URL]

That's what they look like. Guess ill call Kinro first since CS said they are almost sure mine came from Kinro (Keno) and see what they say and then try MorRyde.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Here (if it works is a photo of the front hinge showing the delaminating of the door. It rubbed from day one and dealer tried to adjust but there is no adjusting. I should have raised more of a ruckus back then but didn't know that it would get this bad or that it was leaking. I believe the problem I had with the floor really came from a leak at the UDC. Here again, a small change by the manufacturer to extend the opening below the UDC and floor would prevent water from infiltrating into the floor.

FYI, this is a MorRyde door. Heartland used them in late '09 and up till they found a lighter door to make a slam latch.

BarneyFife

To the OP. I feel your pain and frustration. Our story is well know here. Heartland started giving us the "brush-off" after only 2 months of ownership! Our camper wouldn't stop at all and nobody could figure out the problem. Heartland wanted nothing to do with us except they were kind enough to give me the phone number to Dexter. Did I mention we'd only had this brand new camper two months?

This year has been our third summer of ownership and so far, its gone pretty well. We've had some good race trips and a weekend at the beach. So far, nothing has failed. Hurray. But considering how much stuff we've replaced since ownership, half the camper is almost brand new. ;)

Unfortunately, the way we were treated by Heartland during that first year, we're non-repeat buyers for life. Best of luck to you.

FYI, this is a MorRyde door. Heartland used them in late '09 and up till they found a lighter door to make a slam latch.

And yet CS says they are almost certain it is a Kinro. Very frustrating. My next RV will most certainly not be a Heartland product... which makes me sad because we have made some fabulous friends. But I should also mention that our next RV will almost certainly be a motor home which leaves Heartland out anyway.

porthole

Retired
I thought the reason MOR/ryde doors were no longer used was because of cost. Quality costs.That sure looks like a MOR/ryde door and I would call them. They are a top notch fabricator and supplier to the RV and medical world. The failure on your door is the first I have heard or seen of those doors.

I thought the reason MOR/ryde doors were no longer used was because of cost. Quality costs.That sure looks like a MOR/ryde door and I would call them. They are a top notch fabricator and supplier to the RV and medical world. The failure on your door is the first I have heard or seen of those doors.

There is a rather long thread on this forum about quite a few people that have had similar failures back when Heartland first went to slam doors.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The only problem that I recall with the Mor-Ryde doors in the early stages were that the doors were rubbing on the frame on the hinge end when they were opened. That was corrected.
I have not had a problem with mine. Leaking or rubbing.
Could you post a link to the thread that you read?

Peace
Dave

porthole

Retired
There is a rather long thread on this forum about quite a few people that have had similar failures back when Heartland first went to slam doors.

Two tpes of slam doors, MOR/ryde and everyone else.
Ill take a MOR/ryde product over any similar item. Not saying they are perfect, but customer service is second to none.

I sent an email to Heartland last night and received a call bright and early this morning. After some discussion he quickly determined that these were Mor Ryde and not Kinro (owned by Lippert). He asked for pictures which I sent immediately and 15 minutes later received a call from Mor Ryde saying they had received the pictures and were investigating. Now that's more like it. I'll see if I can find the thread again and post it.