Heartland does a flip flop !

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Erika, when we took delivery of our 2015 LM 365 Key West, we discovered that the two 32 inch LG televisions (bedroom and outside) were both discontinued models. (For clarification, they were both the same model.)

Heartland probably buys them by the truck load and when they are gone, chances are there is already a new model out.

We have already replaced the outside unit with a Vizio Smart TV and gifted the LG to a friend's daughter. Probably won't upgrade the LG that's in the bedroom as we don't watch a lot of television there anyway.

We have four Vizios . . . two in the Prowler and two in the house!

We've had such good luck with Vizio flat screens that I find it hard to get tempted by the cheap prices of the other off brands, let alone similar prices of the supposed 'best' brands (Sony & Samsung)!

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
JohnD ,We had one on our travel trailer and it worked great for bathing dogs at the shows. that's why I wanted one for the dog shows

danemayer

Heartland probably buys them by the truck load and when they are gone, chances are there is already a new model out.

We have four Vizios . . . two in the Prowler and two in the house!

We've had such good luck with Vizio flat screens that I find it hard to get tempted by the cheap prices of the other off brands, let alone similar prices of the supposed 'best' brands (Sony & Samsung)!
We bought our first Vizio quite a few years ago. At the time, they were a new brand and selling at 1/2 the price of comparable HD TVs. The picture looked better and the specs were competitive.

Extrapolating, the low price brand today may be doing the same thing as Vizio did way back when. Keep the price low to build brand recognition and market share.

Westwind

Bulk sales - what ever they can get a good deal on and why not, if we were a small business owner we would be trying to get the best deal. I'm not saying I condone the fact of switching out but you can understand why they have that clause, they are not going to stop building and shipping RV's to dealers because they ran out of Sony TV's or some other brand. But like I said on an earlier post, they heavily rely on that "clause" of being able to change content etc. at
their will and promise their customers's nothing.
Not a good way to encourage brand loyalty.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I hear people making comparisons to the auto industry as to how things should be in the RV world.
An auto manufacturer will tool up and make most their parts or contract parts made to their specs. After all they would not put a Chevy radio in a Ford because a vendor ran out of Ford radios.
RV manufacturers rely on vendor supplies. Vendor runs out of Samsung microwave they might supply a comparably priced Frigidaire.
And, even the auto manufacturers have the disclaimer.
This is from Ford.
Information is provided on an "as is" basis and could include technical, typographical or other errors. Ford makes no warranties, representations, or guarantees of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to, accuracy, currency, or completeness, the operation of the Site, the information, materials, content, availability, and products. Ford reserves the right to change product specifications, pricing and equipment at any time without incurring obligations.

Peace
Dave

JohnD

The Heartland website stated that the 2015 Prowler P292 had 16" tires on it from the factory . . .

But when we got ours it had 15" tires on it.

Now the 2016 Prowler P292 comes with 15" tires as stated on the website.

Oh well . . . what the heck!

JohnD

What makes a smart TV well smart?

A smart TV is internet ready without any other item to connect to the internet.

None of our LED flat screen TV's are internet ready, although three of our BlueRay DVD players are!

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thanks. I have wondered that for a while. Now I know.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bones

Thanks. I have wondered that for a while. Now I know.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Smart TV's just dont have the processing power as your regular computer and tend to run slow. Well that is how I fell about mine here at home. I don't think it was worth the extra money I had paid for it. But it does seem to work with my amazon on occasion.

JohnD

Smart TV's just dont have the processing power as your regular computer and tend to run slow. Well that is how I fell about mine here at home. I don't think it was worth the extra money I had paid for it. But it does seem to work with my amazon on occasion.

My smart DVD players don't seem to have the processing power either.

While I can can get the weather channel on them . . . it seems that anything else is rare!

Parked next to my house and a good Wifi signal . . . I can't get much else on the Wifi with my PlayStation 3, LG Blue Ray Wifi player and Sony Blue Ray Wifi DVD player.!

The Sony Blue Ray player is in our 2015 Prowler . . . and with RV park or home WiFi, we hardly ever pull in any signals with these players!

In other words . . . they are basically useless!

danemayer

My smart DVD players don't seem to have the processing power either.

While I can can get the weather channel on them . . . it seems that anything else is rare!

Parked next to my house and a good Wifi signal . . . I can't get much else on the Wifi with my PlayStation 3, LG Blue Ray Wifi player and Sony Blue Ray Wifi DVD player.!

The Sony Blue Ray player is in our 2015 Prowler . . . and with RV park or home WiFi, we hardly ever pull in any signals with these players!

In other words . . . they are basically useless!
If the PS3, LG BluRay, and Sony BluRay all have a problem on WiFi, maybe the signal isn't as good as you think.

JohnD

To be honest, I haven't really tried to use the PS3 much with the wifi, despite it being only five feet away from the wifi router.

The computer I'm on right now is connected to the internet with wifi (less than a foot away from the wifi router) and it zooms!

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
The only real issue I get from the OP is that they did not get the built-in DVD player in the TV in the bedroom. I believe this was stated on Heartland's website and/or literature. Regarding the brand of unit, no issue. As was stated, it was a "show coach" and as such, who really knows where the TV's came from? Comparing RV's to Auto industry is more of a wishful thinking than reality so let's just get off that when discussing problems with RV units. My 2-cents.

On edit, I just reviewed current Bighorn literature and it does not state anything regarding a built-in DVD player for the bedroom TV. I personally remember seeing it somewhere but at this time have nothing in black and white to back my info.

Second edit, I found the MSRP sheet for the Bighorn and this one does show the TV with built in DVD player on the interior upgrades. I believe this is the 2015 pricing.

Attachments

• BIGHORN_MSRP_3-23-15.pdf
    664.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

billyjoeraybob

South Carolina Chapter Leaders-Retired
Be thankful you don't have an outside shower . . .

They are a PITA . . . not really very useful and just one more place to have remember to winterize and worry about!

I wish that the RV manufacturers would put a shut-off valve somewhere reachable so the owner could turn it off and not have to worry about winterizing it.

A shutoff valve for the outdoor shower is on the short list of things to do on my Ashland

Toy_Lover

Re: Haertland does a flip flop !

I don't mind that Heartland changes brands of products but, to replace with a lesser quality brand? I know I wouldn't be very happy.
I think swapping products for other products of lesser value and quality, without giving the buyer notice, borders on consumer fraud.