Heartland Landmark Quality! Reliability and Durability

bnichols9

I am interested in your feedback, positive and negative. Seriously considering a Landmark Savannah. Thanks for yout time to respond.

danemayer

Hi bnichols9,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

We've had our Landmark for 4 years, using it about 1/2 time until this past June when we went full time. We trust the quality of our rig enough that when we decided to sell our house, we had no reservations about living in the Landmark full time for a year or two or however long it takes us to get the next sticks and bricks home.

I have no doubt that you'll hear from quite a few Landmark owners who are very happy with their RVs and with Heartland.

EPaulikonis

I'm a fairly new Landmark Savannah owner. Overall very satisfied with our purchase decision.

The negatives: the rollers under the bed - we removed them and are searching for alternatives. The setup causes deep depressions in the carpeting and, most importantly, it felt like the bed was tipped toward the headboard when sleeping. Quality control - several items missed at the factory and dealer when we accepted delivery. Maybe my standards are too high, but there were some glaring items (gouges in kitchen floor, ornamental wood detached in bedroom, inop break actuator, etc.) that were overlooked by both HL and the dealership. Quality of components - this is a mixed bag of items. Feel HL did an exceptional job with LCI level up, Valor TPMS, Dexter axles, and selection of Frigidaire components specifically. The TV and sound bar selection are poor; not at all up to the standard I'd expect in a coach in the luxury class.

The positives: This forum. Tons of good people providing great information along with access to HL representatives and a few other key component vendors. The Warranty - HL has been great working through warranty issues that lingered from the delivery inspection. Most of our issues were minor, but I still feel HL did spectacular communicating with me and the dealership I chose to do the work.

Good luck on your purchase...the Savannah's on the lot are the last available. Similar floorplans available, but the Savannah is no longer in production.

bob34787

have had 5 forest river products in the past 5 years and 1 HL and 1 Airstream. ranking Quality 1. Airstream 2. Heartland A distant 3rd forest river. the only complaint I have is frame rust on the HL

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I had a Forest River as my last SOB 5th wheel. The bones of the rig were decent , but the cosmetic details and fit and finish were cheaply contructed compared to my Heartland BH.
I'll take the Heartland any day. Trace

Majestic

It's always interesting seeing other owners review. We have owned 4 Forest River and now the Landmark. My Cedar Creek was twice the unit all around.

Seren

Bought our Landmark (Grand Canyon) in March and we have been fulltiming since the end of June. Having never owned an RV before I don't have anything to compare it to, but we have so far really for the most part love our new home. The negatives are the memory foam bed that has "valleys" were I sleep (I weigh 260), my wife doesn't seem to have the same problem, then again she is half my size. The only other concern is the "china" made furniture, which I believe will not last for more than a year. I know the 365 has American made furniture so that is a step forward.
I would also suggest spending some time researching your dealer. We drove 500 miles to buy from our "perfect" dealer that ensured everything was taken care of prior to our arrival and that we understood everything about our home before we left. Haven't had any warranty issues so far. Would buy a Landmark again, especially the 365.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Majestic

We also have the Monterey, here is a few of the problem list we have encountered.

floor above the power reel is breaking up.
walls between the slides and rear walls are pulling away
shelves in the upper cabinet on the rear wall has broken apart
continual problems with the fire place and sound system
total matress failure after 3 months
built in surge protector not working
hydraulic brake pump burnt out
axle alignment out causing excessive tire ware
sealed frameless window that blew out while parked (2 months, still waiting for glass, even when we are paying for it)

we are working with the dealer and HL warranty to get things resolved. Some of these have been since PDI 7 months ago.

Nothing is moving quickly, even with communication with the GM.

We all know that these thing happen with a mobile home but you don't expect the continuing brush off.

Needless to say we aren't impressed with this phase of HL growth.

T

TomMontague

Thanks for the note sir. I'm sorry you feel as if things aren't moving fast or even in the right direction as far as service goes. I'm sorry but I don't remember talking to you at all. I could be wrong but I don't remember. Please call me at the office tomorrow and I will get you in touch with the service dept so we can start helping you. I need the last six of your vin # and your phone number - I'll call you.

Thanks
Tom

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We have been in our Landmark for almost two years now....have had very few issues with it, and absolutely nothing of consequence...would definitely buy a Landmark again based on quality, value and customer service...

slborba

I did a factory tour today of the LM, BH, BC production line and I was very impressed with the quality of workmanship. I understand my LM better after having a "behind the scenes" view. If you can get to Elkhart to do a tour before you purchase a unit, I think that would address/answer some of your concerns.

Also, I met Tom Montague at the Hershey Show and have his business card, if I have any issues I've got the "bat phone" number to The Boss......that gives me a warm fuzzy.

For now.....Heartland Landmark has this Fulltimer as a life customer!

Steve