Heartland northtrail 25 ft rl

Don_Carol

Hi ,we had a problem my bed pillows mildew in bedroom .threw them out but we can't figure out what caused it. Then camper still smells musty an mildew. Using the dri air hangers. Nothing helping. Help!!!

danemayer

Hi Don_Carol,

If you're doing any cold weather camping, you can get condensation on the bedroom wall behind the bed. We pull our bed about 1 inch away from the wall so that air circulates.

danemayer

Mildew is usually related to water, so it might be time to check walls, floor, ceiling, carpet for damp areas. You might have a leak.

RuralPastor

Don, I have the same model/yr. as you. I had some leaks around the baggage doors. Check very carefully to see if yours leak. If so, I can detail a very simple repair procedure to stop it. Perhaps it is leaking somewhere else. I also installed a fantastic fan to replace the wimpy bathroom fan. This significantly reduced the musty smell (and other odors as well) in the camper. Also, make sure your kitchen sink air admittance valve is functioning properly. This can cause a musty smell from the grey water tank. They go bad occasionally, but are not expensive. Let's keep dialoging until you find a fix.

DonnyB007

Don, I have the same model/yr. as you. I had some leaks around the baggage doors. Check very carefully to see if yours leak. If so, I can detail a very simple repair procedure to stop it. Perhaps it is leaking somewhere else. I also installed a fantastic fan to replace the wimpy bathroom fan. This significantly reduced the musty smell (and other odors as well) in the camper. Also, make sure your kitchen sink air admittance valve is functioning properly. This can cause a musty smell from the grey water tank. They go bad occasionally, but are not expensive. Let's keep dialoging until you find a fix.

Yes, if you don't have gutter extensions, water leaks down at the front and if you leave the baggage door open, then it gets into that area. It most often happens on hot summer days with the air conditioning on and water comes down right at the front baggage door.

OBX-GL

Would love to hear your baggage door remedy. Two years ago had repeated leaks so bad water would enter the bed room, this year nothing, although we had very little rain while away this year . I have been using the gutter extensions for some time.