Heartland says???????

wingfoot

Because I have not been able to correct the inadequate water flow at our Kitchen sink, plus, sometimes I have to turn on the bathroom faucet to even get the Kitchen faucet to work, I contacted Heartland for help. Talked to Steve, he said "I've never heard of anyone having a problem with water flow at the sink". He went on to say "no one has ever asked me about the kitchen water flow". Well, as many post as I've seen here about this subject, I find his statement a little difficult to believe. I directly asked him if I need to replace the faucet and he replied, "I don't know"....So, I guess I'll just replace the faucet and hope.

BTW, I've done all the "fixes" recommended here with no appreciable results...

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have a wierd similar problem. I mentioned this in another thread.
My water flow is not great from any faucet. However, if I am running one faucet and turn a second faucet on and then off again, the water flow in the original faucet comes up much stronger. It remains stonger until it is turned off. When it is turned back on, it is weak again. No one seems to be able to figure this out.
This happens when I am hooked to an outside water source.
It is harder to test on the pump, because we don't use it for long periods. Trace

Last edited:

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Larry & Trace,

Just curious if either of you have installed a water filter system. The only time we have experienced anything like this is when the water filter required changing. Once a new filter cartridge was installed the water flowed normally again. Some campground water systems are real tough on the filters and a newly installed filter will clog up over the course of a weekend. Just a thought.

wingfoot

Larry & Trace,

Just curious if either of you have installed a water filter system. The only time we have experienced anything like this is when the water filter required changing. Once a new filter cartridge was installed the water flowed normally again. Some campground water systems are real tough on the filters and a newly installed filter will clog up over the course of a weekend. Just a thought.

No water filter..and the flow in the bathroom seems to be OK...but it definitely has an impact on the Kitchen flow????

TandT

Larry & Trace,

I have one. I have tested the pressure through the filter with my pressure gauge and there is no significant change.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Heartland may not hear of many issues with low water flow but I have heard of a few. Most have been related to the fixture being clogged in some way. Some owners have had luck drilling out the flow restricter built into the hose. I have already posted pictures in your other thread of the piece that I removed from ours.

What I find really strange is that if you open another faucet, flow at the original faucet increases. Ours do just the opposite. The flow decreases proportionate to the number of faucets opened.

A few more suggestions. Check the screened washer at the fresh water inlet on the rig. If there is no screen, you are open to problems from calcium deposits everywhere there is metal in your water system. Also check the bypass valve on the hot water heater. Make sure the inlet and outlet valves are open and the bypass is fully closed. I'm kind of grabbing at straws here but other than clogged restricters, I can't think of any other suggestions. I really hope you can get this solved.

TandT

Heartland may not hear of many issues with low water flow but I have heard of a few. Most have been related to the fixture being clogged in some way. Some owners have had luck drilling out the flow restricter built into the hose. I have already posted pictures in your other thread of the piece that I removed from ours.

What I find really strange is that if you open another faucet, flow at the original faucet increases. Ours do just the opposite. The flow decreases proportionate to the number of faucets opened.

A few more suggestions. Check the screened washer at the fresh water inlet on the rig. If there is no screen, you are open to problems from calcium deposits everywhere there is metal in your water system. Also check the bypass valve on the hot water heater. Make sure the inlet and outlet valves are open and the bypass is fully closed. I'm kind of grabbing at straws here but other than clogged restricters, I can't think of any other suggestions. I really hope you can get this solved.

Thanks Ray, I will recheck your suggestions.

The water flow increases when the second faucet is turned on briefly and then turned off again, with the first faucet still running.

branson4020

Icantre Member
While were grasping at straws, you could try one other experiment. Turn on the pump (with some water in the tank) while still connected to city water. City water pressure should keep the pump pressure switch happy and the pump should not come on, even when you open a faucet. See if that is the case and if it makes any difference with your problem. Then shut off city water and try again.

wingfoot

Thanks to all for your replies.

Ray, I've done the things you suggest,and others..Screens, bypass valves, removed the kitchen faucet re-stricter, and now I'm to the point of replacing the faucet...Hope it works..I'll let you guys know.

Larry

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
I have a wierd similar problem. I mentioned this in another thread.
My water flow is not great from any faucet. However, if I am running one faucet and turn a second faucet on and then off again, the water flow in the original faucet comes up much stronger. It remains stonger until it is turned off. When it is turned back on, it is weak again. No one seems to be able to figure this out.
This happens when I am hooked to an outside water source.
It is harder to test on the pump, because we don't use it for long periods. Trace

Mine did that too. On top of that if someone was in the shower and you turned on the kitchen sink-zoooweee!!!! The problem was the way it was plumbed. Too many tees coming off of one line.
After I installed water manifolds with each drop being a homerun from the manifold, no more water pressure/volume or "starving" problems.

zurn

sounds to me like a sticky check valve. there should be a check valve on the city water connection to prevent the water from coming out when the pump is running. my sea hawk was piped like that. i can not find a piping diagram for the big horn. the thought process is, when the first faucet is open the check valve is partially open and when the next faucet is opened the flow opens the check valve wide open. closing the second faucet does not return the check valve to a partially open position, and the flow stays high.

Bobby A

sounds to me like a sticky check valve. there should be a check valve on the city water connection to prevent the water from coming out when the pump is running. my sea hawk was piped like that. i can not find a piping diagram for the big horn. the thought process is, when the first faucet is open the check valve is partially open and when the next faucet is opened the flow opens the check valve wide open. closing the second faucet does not return the check valve to a partially open position, and the flow stays high.

You may be on to something hear, good thought

wingfoot

OK, that's a new "to check" item...I'll find out.

Yes Hoefler, I am using a regulator..And I've checked it with a gauge and it's operating as designed..

Thanks

hoefler

When using a cheap regulator, it will flow more water when two faucets are open and will stick open to allow more flow. Remove the regulator and see if the flow improves and acts the same way when you open a second faucet.