Heartland TH Rear Cargo Door Capacity

shagan77

Ok all you newbie scanners..... I know. THis topic hasa been debated/discussed a lot. I've spent an evening searching and reading as much as I can handle, but still can't find a definitive answer. What is the rated capacity (and I even looked in my documentation), for the rear cargo door on a 2011 3950 HD Cyclone. I've been rolling Harley's and Spiders in and out of there for years with no concerns at all. Now I want to load a UTV (Polaris Northstar). My biggest concern was the height (have an add on top with soundsystem and lights) (weight is around 1750 lbs). I figured for weight purposes I could use the winch remote and let it pull itself inside (keeping my big fat butt off the door). Just wondered if I should add some 2x12's to the ramp as weight distributors or if it will hold without them.

JamesL73

Ok all you newbie scanners..... I know. THis topic hasa been debated/discussed a lot. I've spent an evening searching and reading as much as I can handle, but still can't find a definitive answer. What is the rated capacity (and I even looked in my documentation), for the rear cargo door on a 2011 3950 HD Cyclone. I've been rolling Harley's and Spiders in and out of there for years with no concerns at all. Now I want to load a UTV (Polaris Northstar). My biggest concern was the height (have an add on top with soundsystem and lights) (weight is around 1750 lbs). I figured for weight purposes I could use the winch remote and let it pull itself inside (keeping my big fat butt off the door). Just wondered if I should add some 2x12's to the ramp as weight distributors or if it will hold without them.

The new models are 3K but, no idea if the 2011 was the same or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avvidclif

My listed capacity for the garage is 2500 lbs so the ramp had better be more than that. Or at least equal.

2015 model. Call the factory and ask them

porthole

Retired

2500 for the garage
3000 for the ramp

- - - Updated - - -

Look on the perimeter of the ramp, it should have a tag like this.

Ramp tag.jpg