Heat Duct Problems

v92c

Texan
I would suggest a mirror and a flashlight to inspect the inside of the ducts. I found a block of wood in mine that closed off the ductwork to the rear of the camper.

I would also pull apart the basement and inspect the furnce to insure that the ductwork is connected to the furnace and not kinked.

Good Luck
Tony

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
I had a similar problem on our BH and the tech found a vent not sealed on the furnace properly. Thus, a great deal of hot air was going into the cabinets near the furnace. That repaired I get hot air to all vents. Good luck.

mufflerman

Redcoat1,
I have a cyclone with low heat in the bedroom also. My first unit (bought back by factory) also had heat issue's, Furnace missed the hole in the floor by only 2 in.
heater 1.jpg.
The replacement unit still had heat issues, Not one of the air duct's where sealed, Large gaps in upper deck ducting. Been back to dealer at least ten times on heat issues, The last time I picked it up I asked the tech. if he sealed what he worked on, his response was it's not sealed from the factory. This prompted me to pull the panel when I got home and this is what I found.
DSCF0019.JPG Needless to say, it won't go back to River City RV as they told told me he was one of their best techs. What a joke.
Good luck,
Ray

Redcoat1

Bedroom Heat Woes

Thanks to everyone for their ideas and help. The whole issue here is that the trailer is new and still under warranty. I should not have to pull anything apart and try to fix it. This should be either a dealer solution or Heartland directed solution. It appears that no heat is an accepted idea, one that I don't share. I will keep on fighting, but would appeciate if the factory rep could become involved somehow.

jbeletti

H Wayne and Kim,

Not sure what or who on this forum is suggesting to you that "no heat is an accepted idea".

Please give the factory a call on Monday? The main number is 574-262-5992. John Leonard is the Product Manager. He'll likely already be in Louisville, KY at the dealer show but you may be able to leave a voice message for him.

Another option is to give Heartland's Customer Service Department a call. Their number is 574-262-8030. They are open today! Don't wait. Tell them about your dealer's attempts and ask for an alternate shop to take it to.

Jim

Redcoat1

Heartland Cares

None I called the Heartland Factory today and received a call back within 2 hours from Gary. He listened to my problem and advises that he thinks the heat problem in the bedroom can be fixed. He will be calling my dealer and discussing the problem with them and hopefully the dealer can fix the problem. I am impressed with Gary & Heartland.

None None None

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Pulltab, I had the heater on yesterday for about a hour to see if it worked. Seemed to be ok, but you dont need a coffee cup warmer if you set it on the sink over the heating unit. Is this a normal thing or should I add it to my list of fix it things. Bob

Netem

I keep hearing people talk about their bathroom vent. I have a new 2900 MK and there is no bathroom vent. Is this how the 2900 MK is supposed to be?

fishn2dmax

Netem,

I also have a 2900 MK. Because our model has the open bathroom / bedroom, the heating vent acts for both the Bedroom and bathroom vent. There are other models that have a fully enclosed bathroom ( shower, sink and toliet) that have its own vent.

We sure like our the 2900 MK floorplan!

Netem

Thanks fishn2dmax, I was starting to think someone forgot to cut the hole. We looked at the rear Kitchen and the rear living and when my wife saw the MK it was all over. Now we need some warm weather so we can take it out.

StevieWonder

I just had the duct work for the bedroom heat register examined after I couldn't get any air flow out of it even after blocking off ALL the other registers! Turns out the connector from the duct to the register was crimped. The flow was actually lifting the linoleum off the kitchen area floor!

wakeboy

They can claim too long a run all they want to.The fact of the matter is using common sense which is scarce these days. I am not referring this to anyone here, just the people who try to blow that hot air you are losing up your butts and not in your camper. When you block off all registers except the one with the least amount of air flow. If that duct is open as it supposedto to be should allow all pressure to revert itself to the opening of least resistance. The problem is either a collapsed duct or air leaking out of a duct that has not been fitted or taped properly.

Redcoat1

No Heat No Solution

Thought I had the heat in the bedroom solved after talking to Heartland rep who called the dealer and gave them some ideas to fix the problem. Today I called the dealer and got lied to, they said they have done everything the factory said to do but still no heat and they can't do anything more. He said this is a common problem in 5th wheels and the factory rep is sitting in Indiana and has no idea of what fall camping is like here. I know this is not true as the trailer has been in a snow bank at the dealtership since the factory rep called in November. I called the dealer owner on this lie and he stuck up for his service manager. Any ideas of how to get this warranty item fixed with a dealer who doesn't care. I thought we had a solution when I spoke to the factory rep but it really doesn't matter as the dealer is the last say.

ct0218

Take it to another service facility. If it is a warranty item I believe the Heartland factory authorizes it.

HRAI

Any satisfaction???

Thought I had the heat in the bedroom solved after talking to Heartland rep who called the dealer and gave them some ideas to fix the problem. Today I called the dealer and got lied to, they said they have done everything the factory said to do but still no heat and they can't do anything more. He said this is a common problem in 5th wheels and the factory rep is sitting in Indiana and has no idea of what fall camping is like here. I know this is not true as the trailer has been in a snow bank at the dealtership since the factory rep called in November. I called the dealer owner on this lie and he stuck up for his service manager. Any ideas of how to get this warranty item fixed with a dealer who doesn't care. I thought we had a solution when I spoke to the factory rep but it really doesn't matter as the dealer is the last say.

I have the same problem with mine. There is definitely a circulation problem with mine. The burner cycles on/off constantly without heating the trailer too much. In 32 degree F weather, the furnace will not bring the coach up to a comfortable temperature - at least in the bedroom. The bedroom vent has very LITTLE airflow.

In looking at the design of the furnace, I can see what the problem is. The only warm air opening is below the furnace. The manual for the furnace states it must have at least 3 4" round ducts attached to it. There are none on mine. There is a 2" for the underbelly, but that doesn't count as per the furnace manual.

If I take the end plate off the furnace and allow it to run, it blows hot air in the room and the burner does not cycle. But when I put the plate back on, the air is then forced through the narrow space between the edges of the heat excanger and the furnace body resulting in the burner cycling on the limit switch, resulting in insufficient heat - not to mention the bedroom never gets warm.

The duct going to the bedroom was crimped and too long. The dealer fixed that but still very little air coming through.

Has anybody out there been able to fix this once and for all???

Please help!

hrai

bobolink

Just my 2 cents worth ... I have a 2009 3200ES and it had very little air flow in the master bedroom. My dealer found a kinked hose and what he called "too long". He shortened it and unkinked it. He told me the vent to the master bedroom was an extension off the one by closest to the door. It still not the greatest air flow, but it did improve it. I suspect if I put a vent cover I can close next to the door, it would help the air flow even more.