Hello Everyone from Andy!

AWesdorp

Landmark Community,
I just wanted to quickly say hello and let you know how excited I am to be heading up the Landmark division for Heartland. I'll try to frequent the site and help Jim & crew with new info as we get it, as well as polling you from time to time to confirm what we might think are good ideas. Please be patient with me as I ramp up with my new duties.

For anyone curious, I'm born and raised in Elkhart, went to Purdue University (GO BOILERS!), I was a ski bum out west for a short while, ran a winery tasting room, built swimming pools, and then got into the RV industry 13 years ago. I worked at Carriage for nearly 7 years, left to help launch Redwood, and started at Landmark in March of last year. I am happily married to Courtney, a kindergarten teacher, and we have two children, 6-year old son Keller and 4-year old daughter Delaney. Life is good and I've been very blessed to be in the RV industry.

Thanks for the congrats and welcomes you have already offered, I hope that I can help keep the great momentum Tom Montague and his team have created over the past year. Chris Hermon and Coley Brady are wonderful to work for and I'm ready to get rolling with my new position.

Have a great week everyone and thanks again,
Andy Wesdorp
Landmark Sales

jimtoo

Hi Andy,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. I'm sure you will do a great job for a great company. I think Heartland has the best management team there is.

There is always a little room for improvement or advancement of a product, be it a wheel barrow or an already great RV like the Landmark 365. Tom came aboard with some great ideas for Landmark, and made some great changes, and I feel sure you will have some ideas of your own also to improve it even more.

Don't forget, we have lots of Heartland owners and potential owners that make suggestions for changes or improvements. Some good, some not so good.

Looking forward to meeting you at a rally or on the road.

Jim M

franks1

Retired Alabama Chapter Leaders
Welcome Andy,My wife and I are planning to by a Landmark in the spring of 2016.Looking forward to the RV show in Tampa and seeing if there are any changes for next year.Good luck on your new position and looking forward to meeting you some day.Frank Sandidge

TxCowboy

Andy, welcome!

First off, thanks for responding to my email request last Friday for the Landmark MSRP list. That helps me immensely in identifying the Key West options my wife and I were looking for.

Also, and here's just how amazing HL and their senior staff are, my wife and I purchased a new Key West on Saturday. I had a question that neither the Sales Manager nor the General Manager at Explore USA Seguin (Texas) could answer so, on Saturday afternoon at 4:00 p.m., the General Manager called Andy. On a Saturday. At 4 PM Central. On a Saturday!

And Andy took the call and answered the question.

Andy, this is our second HL product and this Forum, the quality of the HL products, and the response of HL to even simple queries is why we stayed with Heartland.

Thanks!

Jeff & Laurie Smith

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
I saw this thread and I was like why are they telling me hello and then I realized it was from the new GM at Landmark. Gonna take some getting used to seeing my name in other places. Lol

Congrats again on the promotion and I look forward to meeting you down the road and maybe upgrading one day to a landmark.

Andy Grimes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Congrats, Andy W! Welcome to the forum! I look forward to what you have in store for Landmark, as well. If you need someone to be a "guinea pig", we'd gladly take one to try'r out! ;)

jbeletti

Hi Andy! Get ready for the ride of your life my friend!

To all - Andy is not auto-subscribed to this sub-forum and may not see your replies - but feel free to leave them none-the-less.

Ask-The-Factory, Design Ideas and Prospective Owners are the 3 sub-forums that all GMs are automatically subscribed to. So Andy will hear you when you post in those.

Pre-Purchase
For those who don't own a LM and have questions - consider asking LM specific questions in the Prospective Owner sub-forum.

Design Ideas
For those who have design ideas that you want Andy to hear about - consider asking/mentioning those in the Design Ideas sub-forum.

Technical Questions
For those who have Technical Questions of the factory - your best bet is to call our Customer Service team directly at 877-262-8032. You may post your question in the Ask The Factory sub-forum.

Just note that while Andy is the GM, most GMs are not equipped to answer many of the technical issues posed online. In those cases, Andy and his peers forward those onto Customer Service or Engineering. Engineering won't be engaging customer's directly, but you'll often hear back from Customer Service or the GM. That all said, in nearly all cases, other product owners chime in with accurate answers before the GMs get a chance to read their email notification of an ATF post.

Last edited:

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Hello Andy! We just bought our LM365 this spring. It's our third HL and we have loved them all.
Kristy

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Hi Andy...Welcome aboard.
We are out west so if you need anything out here let me know. We just bought our first Heartland product on 5/01/2015 a Landmark 365 Ashland. Although it had a few flaws from people rushing though there jobs on the factory line. Quantity instead of Quality should not be the case on a $130000 rig. Hope you can improve that before my next one.
Good luck

Last edited:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Congratulations, Andy W on your promotion to the Landmark Division. One suggestion I would make is for you to 'borrow' a Landmark and take it out on occasion for the weekend with your family. I think that would give you wonderful first-hand experience on things that work and those that don't, such as trying to get into the refrigerator while on the road and being unable to without opening a slide. Or changing from city water to fresh water on a freezing cold middle of the night without having to go outside to change a valve position. There is nothing like using the product you are building to help the engineering side. Once again welcome to Landmark. BTW we have been Landmark owners since 2007 and are on our 2nd one.

AWesdorp

Hi everyone and happy Friday--it's a bit nuts around here with prototypes online, Open houses and Hershey/Dallas shows coming up in September. But I wanted to quickly throw a few updates out:

1. The Madison proto goes online Tuesday. We hope to have it painted and on display for our industry trade show open house in 3 weeks. I am VERY excited about this floor plan.
2. The Cascade never made it off a 1-dimensional floor plan drawing. We decided against it after market research.
3. The Arlington proto is offline. Huge kitchen thanks to the office and window going where the 1/2 bath would be if it were a Newport. The footprint is generally the same as the Newport except for the 1/2 bath vs. office area.
4. The Syracuse is looking great! 37' long. "Short" by today's standards but still packed full of Landmark goodness and joy.

That's it for today. Have a great long weekend all,
Andy

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thanks for the update Andy!!! Are you going to be at the Dallas show? What floorplans might we see?

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Yes - thanks for the update Andy. There has been a lot of questions about the direction of the Landmark 365 and this helps.