Hello, new to this forum and to Heartland hopefully in the near future

pdittman

Hi All,
In my initial browsing of the forum I think I will find it very useful.

We visited the Pittsburgh RV show this year and fell in love with two Heartland Bighorns, the 3750FL and 3760EL. Our first preference is the front living room but we have concerns with the lack of workable counter space in the kitchen. Another concern is the large drawers section in the bedroom slide. It is our understanding that it slides in to allow the bed to fit when the slides are in? It does not slide very well and gets stuck easily.

We love, love, love all the storage space in the 3760EL, especially the closet inside the door. We treat our camper like our home and shoes off at the door is the rule. I have a HUGE pet peeve with shoes and constantly tripping over them. The closet is definitely the solution. I just don't want to buy a camper because it has a shoe closet when I love the front living room. Priorities I guess 😉. When do you think manufacturers will start putting shoe storage in/under the steps?

We are planning on buying a new fifth wheel in 2017. We loved the Heartlands so much we decided to upgrade the truck this year to accommodate the weight of either FW. New Chevy 3500 diesel is on its way. I would love to hear from anyone regarding pros/cons of either FW.

I am am really looking forward to being a part of this forum and reading all the useful information

Dittman's inPA

jimtoo

Hi pdittman,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Each person has their own idea as to what works best for them. I guess that's why we have so many different floor plans. We also looked at the front living room a few years back, but decided just we could not see our selves going up and down the steps every time you wanted a drink or something. Maybe it was just because we were getting old and knees not working good. But again, each person has their own desires.

Enjoy the forum and ask your questions.

Jim M