Hello (Sundance to Bighorn)

Mike2500

New 3055RL owner
We are new members. We are trading in 2007 Sundance 2900rk for a 2010 3055 rl TODAY. We are hoping to stay warmer in this one.

jbeletti

Mike,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your move from Sundance to Bighorn. You'll enjoy the higher ceilings. Watch for low bridges though :)

By the way, we have a Chapter of the Heartland Owners Club in Missouri. You'll have to consider joining the club and joining us at some rallies in MO and around North America.

Jim

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Congrats on the the upgrade and hope you enjoy your 3055 as much as we do. We where able to attend this years Missouri Rally and really enjoyed mingling with the members in the Show Me State. Like Jim said try and make all the rallies you can ,they are a great time with some very fine folks......Kenny & Kathy

jimtoo

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. As you will see we have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to help.

Enjoy the forum and consider joining the Owners Club. Also make some of the rallies and meet some great folks. (The two poster's above included.)

Jim M

azbound

Congratulations on the new 5er. We have severale friends that have the 3055 and they love theirs, I am sure you will too.

Enjoy the Road

wyleyrabbit

We have a 2009 3055RL and absolutely love it. Did it have a few problems? Sure, but then again so did our non-movable house. In fact, ours is at the dealership getting a bunch of deficiencies fixed as I type this. Can't wait to have her back, and my 9 year old is begging for us to go out in it next weekend. Cool, we've never gone "camping" in December in Canada before. :)

I think the big benefits to the BigHorn that you'll notice are definitely an upgrade in the insulation, and the overall quality of everything in it.

Cheers,
Chris

cgunn

Welcome

Welcome and enjoy your 3055.....
We love ours....Been fultiming in it since January '08.
We sold our "sticks & bricks" in '07
We bought it in Durango Colorado and spent the first winter in Ridgway CO.
Yes you can be warm and comfy in your new 3055.
We had a crash course in RVing 101.
The first nite we spent in it was -28 deg.
Yes that's 28 below zero. Yes we got cold!!!
But not anymore....Now we use a electric heater to help in bedroom and
another in living room. We have one of these oil-filled heaters in living area
and it works really well. Keeps the propane usage under control...
We also use an electric blanket.
Our unit has had a few issues but nothing that I couldn't take care of.
We are workamping right now in Eureka MO. at Jellystone.
I did work for a while close to you in Jeff City.

Enjoy your Horn and welcome to the forum...