Hello to all from our 2015 Savannah

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Welcome from the TN Chapter. Hope you can go to the AL Rally in April at Gulf Shores State Park and show off your new camper. Us Heartlander's love to see new coaches. And of course we would love to invite you to the TN Rally coming up in Oct 16-18 in Nashville. Also check out joining the Heartland Owners Club. Right now there is a free introduction member for one year. You can find out more about the HOC on the portal page in the center section.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Welcome from the Washington Chapter! Like Byrd said, be sure to attend some rallies and meet some like minded folks. I can assure you that if you attend a rally you WILL NOT regret it. We have made some life long friends since joining this club!!

Rod Ditrich

davebennington

Welcome to the Heartland family. The Savannah is a nice coach. Consider joining the Heartland Owners Club, you can meet fine people and make lifetime friends as well as having a fun time along the way.

dave

Thanks for your warm greetings. At present we are in the northeast and staying warm in our cozy home. Have to say I'm impressed with this home-RV. We had the cheap heat system installed and have not needed any propane to heat with (even with temps reaching well below zero)

DocFather

Thanks for your warm greetings. At present we are in the northeast and staying warm in our cozy home. Have to say I'm impressed with this home-RV. We had the cheap heat system installed and have not needed any propane to heat with (even with temps reaching well below zero)

I am confused. I thought I just read on a different thread where you said you had to sell this rig.

Please don't be confused. Yes we just bought it a few months back and just found out a family member has a serious health issue, so we are in a situation were we just started full timing. Trying it out in the North/East and we got the news. So yes we are going to sell. We are saddened but having to adapt to the sudden changes.

"Re: Hello to all from our 2015 Savannah
Please don't be confused. Yes we just bought it a few months back and just found out a family member has a serious health issue, so we are in a situation were we just started full timing. Trying it out in the North/East and we got the news. So yes we are going to sell. We are saddened but having to adapt to the sudden changes."

As to us selling I don't even know we're to begin. I was told to get on the forum because people who really appreciate Heartland RV's would be here and could help guide me through this. So I'm reaching out for direction. Thanks again.

jimtoo

Hi FreeWheeling14,

Sorry your having a health problem in your family and you will be needing to sell your unit. Go to this area and make up a sale listing for your Savannah. Include your contact information. The thread will then be closed so that we do not get offers and comments in public. You will deal with anyone interested privately.

Please do not discuss the sale of your unit in any of the open areas.

Thanks
Jim M

Thanks Jim
I'm waiting for some input from someone who can give me direction tomorrow. I've never sold anything like this and because of all the quick changes and unwanted stress I don't want to make any mistakes. But will keep you and all posted.
Thanks again!

jbeletti

Posting your RV for sale on the forum is one place to advertise it. It's not the only place you should use and most people do NOT sell their coach as a result of their forum post.

That said, here are some tips for you to get started. First and foremost, create an ad for your coach that would resonate with you, if you yourself were in the market. Seriously - if your ad doesn't really move the bar for you as a buyer, why would it move the bar for anyone else?

Include elements such as:
  • 2015 Heartland Landmark Savannah
  • A list of all standard features
  • A list of all options you ordered with it
  • A list of all modifications/improvements you added to it that will remain with it
  • A statement of condition of interior, exterior etc.
  • A slew of "current" pictures, inside and out
  • The price, how much you want for it. Use other web sites to get a sense of what they are selling for used and use those as a guide. You must be realistic in what you can get - otherwise, you'd kidding yourself and dragging the sale out for months longer than needed
  • Location of pickup
  • Date of availability
  • Create a New Thread for this ad HERE

Sorry that you had to sell your coach after having it less than a year. Wishing you all the best.

Working on getting some pictures together and having my wife help me with the ad. I never realized how quick we got attached to the RV. I think we will have something by the end of the day. Thanks for your direction!

DocFather

Working on getting some pictures together and having my wife help me with the ad. I never realized how quick we got attached to the RV. I think we will have something by the end of the day. Thanks for your direction!

I have been trying to sell my Cyclone 4100 for almost a year. Jim has given you some awesome advice and a format to follow to create a great ad. I think mine is still on the thread he linked you to, but I also listed it on RVTrader. I have had 5 leads but no offers. If you need some help figuring out how to post the pics, feel free to Private Msg me. Doc

HornedToad

I'm waiting for some input from someone who can give me direction...

I have sold 4 trailers myself and never used one of the national trader mags. The first one I sold in a day, next one in a week, and the last two took a month. I should admit I benefited from selling in the oil patch where trailers for living quarters were a hot commodity. But the first two that I sold in the least amount of time were in 2008 & 2009 after a bust to below $40 per barrel.

What worked for me was parking these trailers on a busy hi-way with a BIG "For Sale" sign, including the price to ward off the lookie lous, and posting on Craigslist with photos and all the details mentioned above. I would normally get up to 5 calls a day off the sign and another 5 calls / text / emails off Craigslist. With Craigslist you need to watch out for the scammers and just ignore them, they'll contact you from an area code over 1000 miles away and want to have a shipping company come pick up the trailer.

Finally, as also mentioned above, you'll need to list it at the right price. You need to do the same research on line that the buyers will be looking at and set a reasonable price compared to what is out in the market. Get ready to take a big hit on a one year old "used" trailer. I always listed at around a market price that was a little above my bottom dollar to allow for negotiation and was still able to get way more than the trade in value.

Good Luck!!!

jbeletti

Thanks for the ideas. We are still getting it ready for pics. Will let you know when we are about ready.

When your pics are done, resize them to about 1200 pixels wide. At that size, they will be optimized for speed in uploading/viewing (downloading) and quality.

Moderators can leave your For Sale thread open while you continue to tweak it (within the same day). If it get's closed before you're done editing, just PM a moderator or me and we can reopen it for editing.

Note to all as to the reason For Sale threads are closed. Early on, we left them open. What happened was forum members would make various comments on them. Often the comments were related to pricing. In some cases, there were replies to the effect that "you have this priced wrong" or "I'd never pay that...". Things like that. I'm not saying the sellers shouldn't be counseled by those who know more about the coach or it's fair market value, but using Email and PMs are better for that rather than making a mess out of some poor guys For Sale thread.

Just thought I'd share what "the man behind the curtain" was thinking on this forum process :)