Help Needed, and very stressed

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
I couldn't find any sources for the Anderson valve on the internet. This page has contact phone numbers in fine print at the bottom. Call them to ID your valve and find a retail source. http://www.andersonbrass.com/CONTACT_US.PHP

According to Anderson Brass page and this link to the heartland forum archive, It looks like an Anderson 200 RV.

attachment.php

Maybe one of these places can sell you one. (I have not used these companies)

http://www.trekwood.com/products/28...ction-RV-Fill-Station-w-Check-Valve-And-Plate

http://www.fitzilla.com/Store/page188.html

Attachments

• image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 37
  • rv4_fillstation.jpg
    rv4_fillstation.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 415

dasmoeturhead

Thank you for the info. This is the exact part needed.

I talked to Elaine from Heartland's East coast center, and she is going to ship one out to me. She said they would also have it installed for me, but I'm going to do it myself. She also is expediting the shipment. Very happy about the way she handled this. She was also very knowledgeable. Thanks to everybody that helped me get to this point.

Tom

dasmoeturhead

Ok, I got the new Anderson valve from Heartland yesyetday, and I'm going to install it this morning. I want to make sure what the correct valve position should be in when I'm connected to city water. During the pdi the guy doing it had no idea how it worked. The handle was in the city position, and that worked
When I fill, you put it in the fill position.

The new valve comes with the handle pointing to the normal position. What exactly is that position used for?

I intend to put the valve position into the city position unless this is not correct.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
The normal position pulls water from the fresh water tank...City is for when hooked to a water source with a hose.

dasmoeturhead

That's what I thought. However I was told to use the city position by the pdi guy. The valve is in, and working fine. So when I want to use the pump I must switch the valve to the noal position? That's what I read online, but the pump has always worked in the city position. Guess I was told wrong, and will switch the position when I go from city to tank water. Thanks

wdk450

That's what I thought. However I was told to use the city position by the pdi guy. The valve is in, and working fine. So when I want to use the pump I must switch the valve to the noal position? That's what I read online, but the pump has always worked in the city position. Guess I was told wrong, and will switch the position when I go from city to tank water. Thanks

Here is a link to a manual on the valve system from the "Tools" tab at the top of any forum page. You get to the manual by then clicking on "manuals", "Plumbing", "UDC", and finally on the anderson Valve manual: http://manuals.heartlandowners.org/...TALLATION SERVICING and TEST INSTRUCTIONS.pdf

iowaone

I leave mine in city position most of time. If I am connected to city the pump doesn't run even if pump is turned on. If city water disconnected or turned off the pump will pump tank water if pump turned on. If I am connected to city water but for some reason want use pump and tank then turn to normal. Of course if want fill tank I turn to tank. I turn to winterize, whenI want to pump antifreeze into system or use an external water tank for some reason.

dasmoeturhead

The microwave/convection oven arrived yesterday from Heartland. It arrived on time exactly as they said it would. Installed it this morning, and it's working great.

Thank you Heartland! :)

dasmoeturhead

Ok, here is whats going on in my world. I installed the new Anderson 4 way water valve about 13 days ago. I changed it out while I was at a KOA CG. I had the valve in the city position since I was on city water. It worked fine and did not fill the water tank (which the old one did). I didn't try it on the tank or normal position because I was hooked up to water . We moved to a different CG after 5 days of the repair. At the next CG I was had the valve in the city position for the next 7 days. The entire stay there I never had to use the pump. The valve worked great. So we moved again yesterday, and during the set up of the trailer the DW decided she needed water before I had the city water hooked up, so I put the valve in the normal position, and turned the pump on. The pump did provide water, but would not shut off on its own after whatever water outlet was turned off. I turned the pump off, and put the valve in the city position, and hooked up to the city water, and turned it on. Guess what? The water tank is filling in all positions except the winterize position.

So as it stands right now the valve is in the winterize position and the water to the system is working as if It was in the city position. Now if I turn the valve to the normal position, turn the CG water off and turn the pump on it works fine. The pumps works as it should. It shuts off after the faucet, toilet or whatever is turned off.

The Valve is connected correctly, all plumbing is right. The valve is dripping a slow steady drip out of the cartridge area. I'm wondering if the cartridge is installed wrong in the valve body. I also remember someone syaing it could be the pumps check valve, which I haven't been able to find.

Any thoughts out there? Since I'm still under warranty I probably should have someone look at it, but right now that is not available, or conducive with my plans or future travel plans. We're going to be going into some pretty desolate area's of Oregon, and Idaho soon. My concern this point is I'm not sure if running the water system in the winterizing position is harming the water heater or anything else. The water heater bypass valve is still in the normal position.

Thanks for any help.

Roller4tan

The water pump check valve is internal to the pump. I installed an external valve found at any hardware or or home improvement store on the suction side of the pump. Do a forum search for check valve and you can read about that. The info in the tools section on Anderson valves will show you how to take the cartridge out and check the o-rings. I found one missing in mine and used a replacement o-ring to stop it from sending water to the tank while in the city position.

dasmoeturhead

Tech came out today and said the pump and check valve is fine. The new 4 way valve is bad. Getting pretty tired of this. Heartland is sending me another one, and said they would test it first before they ship it. Hope to get it today and install this afternoon. Leaving the area tomorrow.

danemayer

Tech came out today and said the pump and check valve is fine. The new 4 way valve is bad. Getting pretty tired of this. Heartland is sending me another one, and said they would test it first before they ship it. Hope to get it today and install this afternoon. Leaving the area tomorrow.
When you get it replaced, would you remove the cartridge from the assembly and post a picture or two. I'm particularly interested in how the o-rings look.

Garypowell

Based on this thread I decided to change mine out. Did it yesterday. Was really very easy with great directions. Mine was so stiff I could hardly turn it.

Once out it was discollored rusty brown where the new one was creamy white. I expected it to have torn and messed up o rings but other than the color it looked new. The metal shaft would rock a little as it was loose but I could not see any reason for it to bind.

New one slipped in easy and turns like butter.

We are leaving Monday on a 2 month trip so we'll see how it works. Monday we pull to a park near us to load up and make sure everything works before we actually leave town so I'll have a chance to fix it once I see water pressure on it and if there are any problems.