Help please, newbies on board , guidance needed for two old folks with first RV

stonz22

We just bought a 2014 NT 23RBS did yours come with a manual ? It appears from pics of other Heartlands that they are all configured differently. We have no manual and the “hug link “ in the opening forum rules does not have the 2014 at all. My dilemma is having never owned an RV before , and the reseller RV dealer not being Heartland gave us a ten minute walk around hooked me up and I was on my own ! Got home safely thank god 1.5 hr drive. And 150 yard , one lane rural gravel driveway entrance with a sharp 90 deg. left turn to our parking area where we sit now. (Was able to do in one shot ) . ( no yelling involved) Got the furnace on as we live in Canada still 35-55 deg daily. So the fridge is on and running off 110 thru an adapter to 30 amp on board plug. The stove has lit up and cooked 12 meals I figured out propane process. So that’s good. But for the life of me, with you tube video and little write ups , have no idea about getting the winter pink anti freeze out ( fear of connecting to wrong water input ) and have it fill and then sanitize the fresh water tank not that we will drink from it but just in case. Any help would be appreciated , links or videos also helpful but it sure needs to be a 2014 NT as the 13 and 15 are both different 2 water fill places .... no water no toilet ....no toilet , and my better half is not going into our woods to squat and relief. Bears , wolves , coyotes, and a new breed coy wolf has her concerned but she does love the deer and wild turkeys .....help needed !!

Thanks very much

danemayer

Hi stonz22,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I'm not sure why, but it seems pretty common to resell trailers without any manuals. But since you've visited the HUG area, you may have also noticed the large collection of manufacturer manuals that likely cover any appliance or subsystem component you might have. Manuals.

The Heartland trailer manual is pretty generic and covers many, many models and floorplans. So detailed information is not there anyway. And Heartland doesn't necessarily update the manual every year. So the 2013 and 2015 manuals will probably have about the same content as a 2014 manual would have, if it exists.

Our owner-written user guides fill in a lot of blanks, adding information that isn't found in the Heartland manual. So for example, our Water Systems Guide, and the Winterization Guide will give you most of the info you need with respect to winterizing or dewinterizing, as well as sanitizing the fresh tank. The piece that's missing is the location of the water pump and bypass valves. But someone with the same model as yours may chime in with help.

stonz22

Thanks for your help in this first issue , we now have water and it’s not pink any more, my wife is relieved! :D:D
Best Regards
The land locked “Roving Stones”
( our provincial parks and private parks in most provinces are in lockdown and have been since last year)
not even taking bookings for later in the year, we need vaccine STAT !!
Best regards
The Roving Stones

wdk450

Thanks for your help in this first issue , we now have water and it’s not pink any more, my wife is relieved! :D:D
Best Regards
The land locked “Roving Stones”
( our provincial parks and private parks in most provinces are in lockdown and have been since last year)
not even taking bookings for later in the year, we need vaccine STAT !!
Best regards
The Roving Stones

. . . . . . and here in California, the Governor has announced that the color coded Covid restrictions system is ending June 15th (34 days from now).

marknewbill

(I see this is old, so hopefully it has been solved, but anyway) Good luck! the best thing to do is read all the conversations here in the areas you want to know about and you will find a lot of good general knowledge. main thing on de-winterizing is to find the hot water bypass valves (on back of water heater directly most of the time) and make sure to put them in the position to fill the water heater before you turn it on. just having water in the lines doesn't mean the water heater is filled if the bypass is still in the bypass setting.